PDA

View Full Version : Integra detail question

Trackdawson
01-01-2010, 09:31 PM
Hi I'm getting ready to try polishing the paint on my 97 milano "pink" Integra if anyone has tips on getting the grooves in the bumper around the headlights, whether it be by hand or having at it with the PC I would appreciate it. Also, I should be receiving a sample kit of PB polishes and some PB EX-P to be applied with LC orange, white, and red pads on a PC. If anyone has some recommendations on where I might start I am curious what you all might do. I'll work on getting some before pics in the sunlight put up tomorrow.

Thanks,
Ben

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
01-01-2010, 09:54 PM
Best practice would be to start with your least aggressive polish first to see how that works out. What size pads do you have? Which polishes?

Trackdawson
01-01-2010, 10:16 PM
I have 6.5" LC CCS orange and white pads and 5.5" flat soft red pads. For polish I have PB SSR3 SSR 2.5 SSR 2 and SSR 1, also PB EX-P sealant to finish. Tha paint is rather trashed and after
I ordered was worried about too much polishing with the SSR 3 and SSR

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
01-01-2010, 10:30 PM
Your orange and white pads are basically useless at that size. The biggest you want to go with a PC is 5.5" with 4" pads being great! Either way I would start with a white pad and SSR 2.5 and see where that gets you. If you need more bite, step up to the SSR 3. I would stay away from the orange pad if at all possible.

Acura's have been known to have "soft" paint, but every car is different. I would just get out there, find yourself a good starting point and go from there. Let us know how it goes!

Trackdawson
01-01-2010, 10:38 PM
Great, thanks for the advice. When I get things in I'll post the results.

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
01-01-2010, 10:45 PM
Sounds good!