PDA

View Full Version : Single stage paint product? Kenworth?

Chevyfanaddict
01-01-2010, 04:08 PM
So I'll just start this out by saying that for a living I drive a dump truck. The truck I drive is a 2006 Kenworth and its a constuction vehicle so its not like its babied and the paint is easily not in the greatest shape. it gets washed out of a gritty five gallon bucket and with a gritty brush that 30 other guys use to wash their dirty trucks with. The paint is swirled which I dont care too much about but what my real concern is that its heavily oxidized and looks like a faded red when the paint is only 4 years old and I know it can look alot better.

My main goal is to get SOME of the swirls out ( I'm not looking for perfection) an to make the paint vibrant and nice and shiny again, get out the oxidation (just want it to be a 10-15 footer). Its a single stage paint and I plan on using my griots machine but I am not sure what product I should go with, can anyone help me out here? Odd question I know, thanks.

Bradshaw
01-01-2010, 04:16 PM
I have owned a single stage conversion van for 11 years and I have used many things over the years to keep it looking new. Having said that, I would hit it with an All In One product like Klasse AIO. It has good cleaners in it and will rip thru the oxidation no problem. If the swirls are above normal, then you could opt for Menzerna 203 Power Finish, a very good 1 step polish and it will eat thru the oxidation as well.

acc1079
01-01-2010, 05:15 PM
I would also like to throw in Collonite Liquid Sapphire #SS126. I recently used this on a single stage caterpillar mini excavator. The paint was quite oxidized, and the cleaning ability surprised me on it. It is made for single stage, and leaves behind a great protective coat of wax.

While I use Klasse AIO for clear coated vehicles, I found 126 on this particular project, to clean better then the Klasse did, which suprised me. It is definitely worth trying IMO.

Collinite Liquid Sapphire Auto Wax #SS126, Liquid Car Wax, Collinite sapphire wax (http://www.autogeek.net/collinite-sapphire-wax-ss126.html)

Or, like Bradshaw stated, a polish like Power Finish would also give you a great shine, and remove alot of the oxidation. Of course, if you do go that route, be sure to put a protective coat of sealant or wax on it afterward, to preserve the finish as long as possible.