PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Swirl Remover, Glaze and Polish enhancer

Pages : [1] 2

thatick
12-31-2009, 10:13 AM
If im doing a total detail, would i use all 3 of these products (swirl remover, then glaze, then enhancer) followed by a sealant or wax. Im just a little confused with these 3 products. Thanks

loudog2
12-31-2009, 10:56 AM
If you are using the first 2 steps, then the last step(PPE) is not needed.

Mike Phillips
12-31-2009, 11:03 AM
Great question!

Normally when detailing a car you would do a few or all of the below steps,

Wash and dry
Clay the surface if needed
Clean the surface and/or remove below surface defects
Polish the surface to a high gloss
Seal the surface with either a wax or a paint sealant

For the 3rd step if you had swirls and scratches, you would use the Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover

If the paint is in pretty good shape then could skip the swirl remover and just prep the paint with either the Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer or you could use the Finishing Glaze.

The Total Swirl Remover and Finishing Glaze are often referred to as the Wolfgang Twins because they compliment one another and are most often used with a Dual Action Polisher to restore a show car shine to neglected paint.

The Paintwork Polish Enhancer tends to appeal to people that want to work by hand but it too can be used with a DA Polisher.

:)

thatick
12-31-2009, 11:03 AM
Thats what i was leaning towards but i wanted to make sure. Thanks for the help

FourEyes45
01-01-2010, 12:29 PM
MMM---maybe I have been doing this wrong = ==Newbe here...
Step 1--wash & dry
2--Clay
3--Swirl Remover
4--WGPP Enhancer
5--Glaze
6--Polish
7--Wax
As you Guys can tell Im really new to this....Are these the steps to go by???

loudog2
01-01-2010, 12:49 PM
MMM---maybe I have been doing this wrong = ==Newbe here...
Step 1--wash & dry
2--Clay
3--Swirl Remover
4--WGPP Enhancer
5--Glaze
6--Polish
7--Wax
As you Guys can tell Im really new to this....Are these the steps to go by???

Take out step #4 and #6. You are taling about the wolfgang glaze right? It is a finishing polish.

FourEyes45
01-01-2010, 01:28 PM
Yes WG products except Wax

Pie
01-31-2010, 11:52 PM
Here is what I did today, took ~7hrs total.

1. Wash and Dry
2. Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover (Orange CCS Pad)
2.5 Klasse All in One Polish on hard to reach/not too noticeable areas
3. Wolfgang Finishing Glaze (White CCS Pad)
4. Pinnacle's Liquid Sourveran Wax

I did not clay since the paint still felt smooth. It turned out well, not perfect, but I'm satisfied for the time it took. I did this on my DD, 2010 Toyota Corolla Barcelona Metallic Red.

elk42
03-31-2010, 12:39 PM
could the glaze be parallel to M205? or even Menz 203 for that matter?

Matt S.
03-31-2010, 02:35 PM
could the glaze be parallel to M205? or even Menz 203 for that matter?

It will not have as much cut as either product, but it finishes nicer.

2SLICK4U
07-04-2010, 08:34 PM
Just a question is my first real detail is in order , once i recive all my stuff that i ordered today. Normally when detailing a car you would do all of the below steps,
Wash and dry
Clay the surface with Riccardo yellow
Clean the surface with Total Swirl Remover
Polish the surface with Finishing Glaze
Seal the surface Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 Also should i use Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant or skip it / I will be using Cobra Micro Fiber Towels and Lake Country Buffing Pads but i'm not sure which ones i should buy. My car color is dark Graphite Pearl

loudog2
07-04-2010, 10:31 PM
Sounds good! I know you meant polish with TSR and polish(finishing) with finishing glaze. I would get a couple of each pad(orange, white, soft green, grey and blue). You never know when you'll need them, but you eventually will. I'd say for you to look into the LC HT pads, but people have been having a lot of problems with them ripping.

You don't need the spritz. I would get a good quick detail spry though.

2SLICK4U
07-05-2010, 08:11 PM
thank you for answer, is there any other good quality pads that are just as good as LC HT pads

loudog2
07-05-2010, 08:16 PM
I forgot to ask what machine you are using. For a DA, I would go for the 5.5 inch LC flat pads. If you have a flex 6.5 inch flat are fine.

bullitt 736
07-05-2010, 09:27 PM
Just a question is my first real detail is in order , once i recive all my stuff that i ordered today. Normally when detailing a car you would do all of the below steps,
Wash and dry
Clay the surface with Riccardo yellow
Clean the surface with Total Swirl Remover
Polish the surface with Finishing Glaze
Seal the surface Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 Also should i use Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant or skip it / I will be using Cobra Micro Fiber Towels and Lake Country Buffing Pads but i'm not sure which ones i should buy. My car color is dark Graphite Pearl

Apply one thin coat of sealant. Let cure for 12 hours. Apply second thin coat. Let cure 12 hours. If you like, top with a coat of carnuba.

Spritz sealant not needed at this stage.