PDA

View Full Version : Questions about steps leading up to applying Souveran.

Ankhenaton
10-07-2006, 07:55 PM
Okay, this thread is in a different direction than the last one I made. My questions are, before applying PS, which products are good for going underneath it (washing, polishing, swirl remover/filler, etc)? I have read a lot about AIO, and a few other products. Will my Zaino wash be enough? Should I just stick with the Pinnacle wash? How does the Pinnacle wash compare to other washes?

Also, when I look closely at my paint, I do not see any swirls or holograms anywhere on the car. Is this enough or should I get a light to see even closer?

Padron
10-07-2006, 08:12 PM
If your paint is swirl / mar free, maybe try some Clearkotes Vaniila Moose or Red Moose glaze..I love them..

I don't have much experience with AIO, I'm sure some others will have a better answer for you though..:)

ASPHALT ROCKET
10-07-2006, 08:55 PM
When i first use Souveran on a vehicle, I wash, clay, polish with Menzerna,
and apply Souveran. On my black C6, I wash with Pinnacle and wax with
Souveran. Once in awhile I will polish with Menzerna before waxing. My C6
sits in the garage when not being driven, so I do not have to polish that often.

sparkie
10-07-2006, 09:15 PM
Wash with any car soap. Zaino is Fine!
Clay (I like Blue Magic). Zaino (I think it is Z18) Fine!
Polish with AIO
Wax with Souveran

ScottB
10-07-2006, 09:35 PM
Pinnacle wash is designed to not strip carnauba waxes, thus should be used after Souveran. Before:

wash --- clay --- polish --- Souveran

you can use a paint cleaning lotion like Pinnacles if paint is swirl free. Red Moose glaze is great under Souveran also.

Ankhenaton
10-08-2006, 01:55 AM
Looks like i'll be getting The Forum Favorite Kit (http://www.autogeek.net/forfavkit.html) (AIO>KSG>PS) and the EDGE pad kit.

One more question though, I can use the AIO and KSG without harm to my paint even though I don't have any swirls, hazing, or holograms correct? Is it abrasive?

My steps would be= Zaino wash>AIO>KSG (8 hrs)>KSG (8 hrs)>PS>PS (clay only if necessary)

sparkie
10-08-2006, 03:06 AM
Looks like i'll be getting The Forum Favorite Kit (http://www.autogeek.net/forfavkit.html) (AIO>KSG>PS) and the EDGE pad kit.

One more question though, I can use the AIO and KSG without harm to my paint even though I don't have any swirls, hazing, or holograms correct? Yes Is it abrasive? No

My steps would be= Zaino wash>AIO>KSG (8 hrs)>KSG (8 hrs)>PS>PS (clay only if necessary)

I myself wait 8 hours or longer, but the longer you wait the better! If you never use these products wait until the next day before applying secound coat KSG.