PDA

View Full Version : Boars Head vs Microfiber Mitt Question

Pages : [1] 2

AlPap
12-28-2009, 03:09 PM
I am using a boars head brush to wash my car. I was wondering if a Microfiber mitt is a better way or is it just an individual preference for washing your car. Just looking for opinions and a product you like.
Thanks

dublifecrisis
12-28-2009, 03:23 PM
it's actually boars HAIR. Boars Head makes sandwich meat. Sorry, I'm sure you knew that.

I've never used Boars Hiar brushes for washing but plenty of people use them without any issues of scratching or what not and they seem to last a long time. I personally like MF mitts as they're cheap, safe and I tend to always have 5-6 that are in good shape.

Check out the 'wookie's fist'. It's a newer wash media that people are in love with and like boars hair, it's bit pricey at around $40.

CEE DOG
12-28-2009, 06:08 PM
I love Boars Head! The top round roast beef and Pastrami are terrific!http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

I didn't even notice it said "head" untill dublifecrisis pointed it out.

They do both have 2 things in common though...

Anyway back on point, I use the blue Cobra Blue Micro-Chenille Wash Mitt from Autogeek. Got 2 on Bogo. 1 for the lower parts.

I have also used "Carrand's Total Clean All Over Body Mitt 4 in 1 Microfiber Wash Mitt" also from Autogeek. It worked good as well. One thing about this one is it has a sponge inside it so it holds more lubriffic soap water to help avoid scratches. I like... But it also has a liner in it that I don't like.

ScottB
12-28-2009, 06:23 PM
I dont use brushes ... MF towels , mitts, and other mitts like sheepskin are desired personally.

08 300C
12-28-2009, 07:26 PM
I switched to the Boars Hair Brush to keep my hands from freezing and to keep me from rubbing the doors when washing the roof, now I have spider webs galore, not that big of a deal but come summer I’ll go back to the MF Mitt

TheGLL
12-28-2009, 07:28 PM
In my next order, I might add the Cobra Blue Micro-Chenille.
I'm also curious to have feedback about that mitt.

08 300C
12-28-2009, 07:35 PM
In my next order, I might add the Cobra Blue Micro-Chenille.
I'm also curious to have feedback about that mitt.

That is what I typically use, although it is not lined to keep soap off your hands like some others I've used it is a very durable mitt, got two on a BOGO. Very gentle on the paint.

Laura
12-28-2009, 07:57 PM
I use the Boars Hair brush on our 4Runner and love it. With my foam gun and a rinse bucket, it cuts washing time in half. I foam the car and the brush, then make several passes, rinse the brush really well, foam it up and go again. The only issue I have is the smell. When it's wet, it smells like a Boars Head. I also have the Cobra Blue Micro-Chenille mit. I still use it on occasion, but I don't really like it that much. The cuff elastic isn't tight enough to keep it on my hand so it keeps sliding around. Also, when it's full of water, it's heavy. After a while, my arm gets tired of slogging it around. My personal favorite is the Sea Sponge. I use it every week on my car. It has held up extremely well, it holds a lot of water/foam but it isn't heavy, it doesn't scratch, and it doesn't stink.

A4 1.8tqm
12-28-2009, 08:07 PM
LOL Boars head :hungry: Since you asked for opinions mine is LC grout sponges, with grit guards. If not I'd use MF mitt's for sure.

CEE DOG
12-28-2009, 08:09 PM
LOL Boars head :hungry: Since you asked for opinions mine is LC grout sponges, with grit guards. If not I'd use MF mitt's for sure.

I am curious of the LC grout sponges and will be giving them a try soon

A4 1.8tqm
12-28-2009, 08:26 PM
I am curious of the LC grout sponges and will be giving them a try soon

I love 'em, but I really want to try the LC Ulti-Mitts I bet they are the best!

bmw5541
12-28-2009, 08:38 PM
I love 'em, but I really want to try the LC Ulti-Mitts I bet they are the best!

I use the Ulti-Mitt, and I love it. It does a great job of holding the suds, and you can use the black side to do your wheels or windows. It's a great product.

Old Tiger
12-28-2009, 09:31 PM
I got a couple of Montana Boars Hair brushes (Round and 360) but have not tried them yet. The LC Garage Sponge is a great tool but keep one for wheels and another for paint. I have read that they are great with ONR but have not tried it yet. I hope Max's endorsement of the Boars Hair brushes are well founded, since I spent $150 plus based on his word!

img
12-28-2009, 10:49 PM
I've got them all in the garage. Favorite is still the ulti-mit--just wish they
still made it the same all around (without the black side)
that way you can use both sides.

Matt S.
12-29-2009, 10:09 AM

This is my current set-up. I use 3 buckets - 1 for wheels and 2 for paint (wash/rinse).

2 LC sponges - 1 for lower panels/dirtier areas, 1 for the rest of the car.

For wheels, I'm using a microfiber mitt on the face of the wheels, Daytona Speedmaster on the inner spokes / barrels / calipers / wheelwells (very versatile brush. I got mine when it first came out and it still looks brand new with weekly usage if anyone is wondering how long they last), and a tire brush for tires.

I do use a microfiber mitt on wheels since it is very effective at cleaning brake dust, but for large panels, I prefer the LC sponges. If I had a black car, I would almost exclusively use Sheepskin mitts though since IMO they are the softest/safest. But, I prefer LC sponges on my car since they last way longer than sheepskin...not a huge brush guy myself, but if it cleans your car and doesn't mar your paint, why change? Im the MAN