View Full Version : Menzerna Full Molecular Jacket

Pages : [1] 2

arkus
12-28-2009, 11:27 AM
Has anyone tried this product ?
Does AG sell it ?:righton:

Misha
12-28-2009, 12:30 PM
i have it. used it and its very easy to apply and remove. only problem i have heard is durability. but i do like it.
maybe try collonite 845 or blackfire wet dimond selant, better durability and pretty easy to use, cheaper as well. id almost say its as easy as FMJ

i do like this one a lot
Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax #845 FREE BONUS (http://www.autogeek.net/collinite-insulator-wax-845.html)

this is good, got sample but havent tried it yet.
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant delivers a deep, wet, liquid shimmer unlike anything you can imagine. (http://www.autogeek.net/wg5500.html)

HighEndDetail
12-28-2009, 03:28 PM
I used it a few years back. Very slick, and bright shine. Durability was not that great.
And no AG does not carry it. It is a CMA company product.

ScottB
12-28-2009, 05:44 PM
I can think of more than a few acceptable and better looking sealants. Four Star and Wolfgang immediately come to mind.

wfedwar
12-28-2009, 06:46 PM
It looks good but is not durable. Blackfire Wet Diamond is similar but longer lasting and doesn't have the shelf life issues that FMJ has.

christian900se
12-30-2009, 12:43 PM
Some people swear by it and seem to get great results. I am eager to try out Blackfire Wet Diamond since it seems to be a bullet proof product that looks and feels fantastic.

Misha
12-30-2009, 12:49 PM
It looks good but is not durable. Blackfire Wet Diamond is similar but longer lasting and doesn't have the shelf life issues that FMJ has.

thats what i heard. what about shelf life issue?

wfedwar
12-30-2009, 02:27 PM
thats what i heard. what about shelf life issue?

FMJ had some problems with shelf life a few years back. I'm not sure if its fixed now or not. It was sort of curdling up in the bottle and got real stinky...

Bradshaw
12-30-2009, 04:07 PM
I've always like FMJ. When I tested it ohh 4-5 years ago I got 2-3 months out of it no problem. I'm not convinced Blackfire doesn't have shelf issues either, my last 2 bottles, at about the 1 year mark, turned to a liquid state. I don't know if the Polycharger is the culprit or what. Having said all that, according to CMA, Blackfire's shelf life is 2-3 years, not very long.

wfedwar
12-30-2009, 05:11 PM
I've always like FMJ. When I tested it ohh 4-5 years ago I got 2-3 months out of it no problem. I'm not convinced Blackfire doesn't have shelf issues either, my last 2 bottles, at about the 1 year mark, turned to a liquid state. I don't know if the Polycharger is the culprit or what. Having said all that, according to CMA, Blackfire's shelf life is 2-3 years, not very long.

Hmm, mine hasn't done this. Actually the only one that has done this for me is Z5p, after about two years.

Bradshaw
12-30-2009, 05:22 PM
Hmm, mine hasn't done this. Actually the only one that has done this for me is Z5p, after about two years.
I shake it up real good and it goes back to normal, so it seems. Two weeks later its back to a liquid. Is it still good? I don't know.

Misha
12-30-2009, 07:15 PM
FMJ had some problems with shelf life a few years back. I'm not sure if its fixed now or not. It was sort of curdling up in the bottle and got real stinky...

didnt notice this with mine. had it almost a year

A4 1.8tqm
12-30-2009, 07:54 PM
I used it a few years back. Very slick, and bright shine. Durability was not that great.
And no AG does not carry it. It is a CMA company product.

Though its already been said I'll repeat, FMJ is not made by Menzerna. It's reviews have never made me want to try it, so I haven't.

About polycharger... I remember reading that after being mixed the product needs to be used up quickly as it doesn't keep well. What was that thread that tested a bunch of wax's and sealants both with and without polycharger side by side? The results didn't look good for polycharger if I remember correctly.

wfedwar
12-30-2009, 08:41 PM
I shake it up real good and it goes back to normal, so it seems. Two weeks later its back to a liquid. Is it still good? I don't know.

It's still good. It can settle over time. Most of my sealants (emulsion type) do this. If you can easily remix it by shaking the bottle, it's fine.

Bradshaw
01-03-2010, 03:37 PM
It's still good. It can settle over time. Most of my sealants (emulsion type) do this. If you can easily remix it by shaking the bottle, it's fine.
I tested it out on the roof of my Accord. It seems fine. Lets see how long it lasts