PDA

View Full Version : Bonnet Question

sportzfan76
12-27-2009, 10:11 AM
Question: When using a microfiber Bonnet with a DA polisher - do I place the bonnet over a lambswool leveling pad, or over a (red/blue) Foam pad or both a foam and lambswool ???? Thanx for any input.

Sorry If this has been covered recently.

ps. does the lambswool pad have any use with a DA on its own ?

loudog2
12-27-2009, 11:58 AM
You can put the bonnet over both. If you use the 6 inch lambswool, use a 5 inch BP. If you use the 6 inch BP, you have no margin for error. It would be safer to use the foam pad.

Mike Phillips
12-31-2009, 01:56 PM
The lambswool buffing pad will work but it offers no cushion or flexibility.

Finishing and waxing foam is to soft and so are polishing pads. What works best is a foam cutting pad as the more dense foam provides enough stoutness to remove the wax and because it's foam it offers some cushion.

Always dedicate a pad to nothing but use with a bonnet, don't contaminate the foam buy using it with a product and then trying to use a bonnet over it.

:}

DLB
12-31-2009, 03:25 PM
The lambswool by itself with a bonnet over it can be easy to stop rotation. Not sure why that is, but it takes really light pressure to get it work correctly.

However, this forces you to use a very light touch when you are using it to remove wax, etc. The cloth does all the work that way.

DLB

loudog2
12-31-2009, 03:38 PM
If I use a bonnet. I use the pad that came with the PC. That is the only time I use the white pad that came with it.