PDA

View Full Version : Canopy question........

YankeeFan
12-26-2009, 01:52 PM
I know there are a full range of canopy threads but I have to ask……as I'm not sure which 10' x 15' canopy to purchase. My question is, what do you dislike about your canopy? I read all sorts of issues on sites like Amazon that list complaints such as cheap rails, bad construction, size is inaccurate as the legs are angled, poor overall design, need more than one person to set-up, unable to buy replacement parts (ShelterLogic) etc.

So what do you dislike about your canopy and does it really matter, does it serve its purpose for that day or so each year to polish out of the sun?

Thanks,
Howard

SRHTX
12-26-2009, 02:11 PM
Major Question #1)

Is this canopy going to be taken to different places to detail a vehicle OR, does it stay in one place at all times?

This is what the canopy from Pep Boys looks like in it's place:

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r269/srhtx/Jaguar/XJS/Canopy01.jpg

I leave my canopy at a different house down the street. I do not take it anywhere to detail vehicles. All vehicles come to me or I do work at my friends body shop.

YankeeFan
12-27-2009, 12:38 AM
It would stay in one place. The canopy you show, do the legs adjust vertcally?

Howard

SRHTX
12-27-2009, 06:53 AM
Those legs are two parts attached to one another.

rwisejr
12-27-2009, 11:57 AM
I have a couple of units from pepboys 2-10x10 1-12x12 i can setup all of them by myself the 10x10's are aluminum framed so they are very light. The 12x12 is steel so the frame is much heavier.The one that SRHTX has is stationary. where the ones I have are portable and come with storage bags.