PDA

View Full Version : Poorboy's Spray & Gloss

SVTContour
04-02-2006, 08:48 PM
Today I ordered some of the PB S&G. What are everyones experience and opinions on it? How does it compare to Mothers Showtime in regards to clean-up QD'ing? Also, what sort of appearance does it have?

joe.p
04-02-2006, 11:11 PM
The appearence is a high gloss as a QD. Try it after a coat of wax for a slick surface with a lot of depth for some reason it enhances the appearence of the wax.

S & W is also the BOMB i purchased 16 ozer and immediately ordered a gallon. I havent tried Mothers but,you can't go wrong with any of Steve products. btw S & W has more cleaning abilitys and will leave a slick surface while S & G is used as a QD..

Matt
04-03-2006, 08:33 AM
S&G is a great product...very slick, easy to use, glossy, nice scent. However, Mothers is one of my favorite QD's....I loooove the cinnamon smell. DP Final Gloss Booster is my other favorite. :)

Franking50
04-03-2006, 10:43 AM
I just tried S&G and it is the best QD so far.Real slick,better than 29.00 Zaino Z8.I also like mothers but I'm buying a gallon of this!:cool:

pogo123
04-03-2006, 04:57 PM
I had some streaking problems with S&G on my red car, but I thought it looked, and worked great on the wifes white mini van. I may have been using too much of it on my car but I never had any problems with the Showtime.

ScottB
04-03-2006, 06:00 PM
I had some streaking problems with S&G on my red car, but I thought it looked, and worked great on the wifes white mini van. I may have been using too much of it on my car but I never had any problems with the Showtime.

I too had alot of streaking while using it, and Steve from Poorboys contacted me and offered to try some micro's. Still streaked .... but I have recently found that is just to darn concentrated (at least my bottle). I now spritz the car while still damp (after blowing, before waffle weave) and wipe off while final drying the car. A couple of results , no streaking, nice gloss, and lubrication to prevent marring while drying (rubbing) across the finish. Works like a charm !!

SVTContour
04-03-2006, 06:23 PM
So the consensus seems to be for me to keep the Showtime as my Clean Up QD and use S&G after washing as a "spray wax"?...How long will the efforts of applying S&G in this manner last for?

Also, as a side note, a week or so ago I ordered some of the new DP 4-in1, well today I had the chance to mix it up as a QD (2:32). Is this QD similar to S&G in that it should be used more so as a "spray wax" after washing or could I also use it as a clean up QD?

ScottB
04-03-2006, 06:48 PM
So the consensus seems to be for me to keep the Showtime as my Clean Up QD and use S&G after washing as a "spray wax"?...How long will the efforts of applying S&G in this manner last for?

Also, as a side note, a week or so ago I ordered some of the new DP 4-in1, well today I had the chance to mix it up as a QD (2:32). Is this QD similar to S&G in that it should be used more so as a "spray wax" after washing or could I also use it as a clean up QD?

I dont really consider S&G as a spray wax and wonder aloud if it has any protection, or is it simply a glossing agent ?? I personally have found QD's to run from cleaners, to protectants, to glossers, to spray waxes/spray sealants. I can tell you that some fit clearly in one area or another and others dont seem so easy to diagnose.

joe.p
04-03-2006, 10:20 PM
S & G works best when used sparingly also ,if the weather is to cold or very humid it will streak. This can be cured by using S & W to remove the streaking..

Neothin
04-03-2006, 11:06 PM
So my current gallon on quikshine has like 3 ounces left in it. A while back I ordered a gallon of S+G to replace the quikshine (no problems whatsoever with QS, just wanted to try something new). Should I keep the S+G or trade it out for S+W (considering the hot humid weather of FL)? I have yet to even take the packaging tape off the gallon so...

ScottB
04-04-2006, 05:36 PM
So my current gallon on quikshine has like 3 ounces left in it. A while back I ordered a gallon of S+G to replace the quikshine (no problems whatsoever with QS, just wanted to try something new). Should I keep the S+G or trade it out for S+W (considering the hot humid weather of FL)? I have yet to even take the packaging tape off the gallon so...

use the damp method and SG and you will be pleasantly happy even in Florida weather. I recently tried 425 and impressed, and really need to get some more Quickshine as a true streak-free fav from my past, I really like different QD and QD+ after each wash.