PDA

View Full Version : Do I need spinach or advice?

Rebelranger
12-24-2009, 01:51 AM
OK sorry for the misleading title...
I have a few of the Cobra Guzzler HD Waffle Weave Drying towels.....
And for the life of em I can barely wring them out....I'm by far no weakling (I eats my spinach) . But after drying my car, I can not get much water out wringing these things.
What do you guys do to get the water out as you dry? And do you wash them and machine dry between washes?

I'm probably looking pretty stupid right now!

Bunky
12-24-2009, 06:45 AM
OK sorry for the misleading title...
I have a few of the Cobra Guzzler HD Waffle Weave Drying towels.....
And for the life of em I can barely wring them out....I'm by far no weakling (I eats my spinach) . But after drying my car, I can not get much water out wringing these things.
What do you guys do to get the water out as you dry? And do you wash them and machine dry between washes?

I'm probably looking pretty stupid right now!

From my experience with a similar Mothers brand foam core towel, you cannot wring them dry. You can get them damp but you need to let them air dry. After a wash, I hang them in the garage, let them air dry, and then wash when I am doing the microfiber wash. I dry on low heat. I do not reuse them for multiple washes.

Finemess
12-24-2009, 07:00 AM
How about a wringer.
Shop Wringer with Rinse Tub Towel Chamois Wringer:eBay Motors (item 180447874209 end time Dec-28-09 10:10:28 PST) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Shop-Wringer-with-Rinse-Tub-Towel-Chamois-Wringer_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a03880ca1QQite mZ180447874209QQptZMotorsQ5fAutomotiveQ5fTools)

For demo only.

LincolnZephyr2006
12-24-2009, 08:57 AM
I am with you brother... I hate the guzzler. However, I love the $10 blue waffle weave AG offers with the red border and it dries a lot better than the guzzler... which is a lot more in price. I have not even used my other one because it did not perform the way I wanted it too... but I use the blue cheaper one every time..

CEE DOG
12-24-2009, 08:59 AM
I have high quality (non-foam core) waffle weave towels. I never wring them. I use 3 (way more then I need) I use 1 to do the hood and lid, the second to do the vertcal panels, the third to do bumpers and then the "skirt" Needless to say they are all still fairly dry when complete. Changing towels out means I have less chance of dragging a wayward particle over the entire car.

Merry Christmas!

Just opened a Flex 3401 and a set of 1000 Watt halogens with stand, a mothers powercone, some novus plastic polish, and lots of clothes! I guess I can finally retire all my hole-y clothes to cleaning tires etc. We are celebrating with family and in-laws tommorrow (lots of driving) so this morning was Christmas in our house.

jpegs13
12-24-2009, 10:20 AM
I have high quality (non-foam core) waffle weave towels. I never wring them. I use 3 (way more then I need) I use 1 to do the hood and lid, the second to do the vertcal panels, the third to do bumpers and then the "skirt" Needless to say they are all still fairly dry when complete. Changing towels out means I have less chance of dragging a wayward particle over the entire car.

Merry Christmas!

Just opened a Flex 3401 and a set of 1000 Watt halogens with stand, a mothers powercone, some novus plastic polish, and lots of clothes! I guess I can finally retire all my hole-y clothes to cleaning tires etc. We are celebrating with family and in-laws tommorrow (lots of driving) so this morning was Christmas in our house.

Merry Christmas Cee, not a bad start. Im the MAN

Rebelranger
12-24-2009, 10:39 AM
I am with you brother... I hate the guzzler. However, I love the $10 blue waffle weave AG offers with the red border and it dries a lot better than the guzzler... which is a lot more in price. I have not even used my other one because it did not perform the way I wanted it too... but I use the blue cheaper one every time..

I have two of these on standby in my cart. I'll try these when I pull the trigger on my order

Merry Christmas!

Good idea on changing the towels out. I am concerned that with the amount of water they absorb that they will smell after a while as they air dry.

I hear Santa in the distance here in the rebel family home....Glad your Christmas is off to a great start and early!!

Merry Christmas and thanks all!!

Rebelranger
12-24-2009, 10:40 AM
How about a wringer.
Shop Wringer with Rinse Tub Towel Chamois Wringer:eBay Motors (item 180447874209 end time Dec-28-09 10:10:28 PST) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Shop-Wringer-with-Rinse-Tub-Towel-Chamois-Wringer_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a03880ca1QQite mZ180447874209QQptZMotorsQ5fAutomotiveQ5fTools)

For demo only.

Like the idea. But with my luck the waffle weaves won't fit between the rollers or I'll need help turning the handle!

CEE DOG
12-24-2009, 11:50 AM
I have two of these on standby in my cart. I'll try these when I pull the trigger on my order

Good idea on changing the towels out. I am concerned that with the amount of water they absorb that they will smell after a while as they air dry.

I hear Santa in the distance here in the rebel family home....Glad your Christmas is off to a great start and early!!

Merry Christmas and thanks all!!

After I'm all done I take my bucket that I throw the towels in (which also has my QD towels from the week) and I do a small load in the washer with DP microfiber cleaner. I hear "Micro-Restore Microfiber Detergent Concentrate" works great as well. Then I hang dry. If your towel has foam in it I would dry on not to high heat for a bit. (IF ALLOWED)

DARK HORSE
12-24-2009, 11:58 AM
Merry Christmas!

WOW! Santa was good to you! Can I come over to your house and play? lol

Merry Christmas to you too my friend!

Matt S.
12-24-2009, 02:45 PM

Love those towels...I just bought 10 of them :D

As for the foam HDs...the best way to wring it is to fold it over long ways and wring it as best as you can. Not sure if you've tried this, but it's the best way I've found and the results have been pretty good.

Rebelranger
12-24-2009, 07:05 PM
Love those towels...I just bought 10 of them :D

As for the foam HDs...the best way to wring it is to fold it over long ways and wring it as best as you can. Not sure if you've tried this, but it's the best way I've found and the results have been pretty good.

That's sort of how I'm doing it now..
OK gonna try out the other towels as well!