PDA

View Full Version : New guy with a couple of questions

GG4411
12-23-2009, 04:52 PM
Hey everybody,

Just joined the forums so here's a quick introduction. I'm 17 (getting started with the detailing early :dblthumb2:) and I have a 2010 Ford mustang GT black on black. I recently ordered the forum favorite, some cobra towels from autogeek (look at the pics), and meg's clay kit. Can anyone explain to me which towel is meant for what, because I got pretty confused with description for the forum favorite.

Also, just to make sure I have it right, is this the correct order to detail my car with the products:
Wash with car shampoo, Clay with lubricant, Klasse all-in-one, Klasse High Gloss sealant, and then Pinnacle Souverän Wax. I am assuming you can just use some detailing spray periodically after doing this entire procedure.

I plan on ordering the foam gun soon, and learning more about buffers, as I want to buy one in the future. Thanks for the help, after lurking around for a while I can see that this is a great forum.
:cruisin:

tuscarora dave
12-23-2009, 05:45 PM
:Picture:I haven't used those particular products but your working order is correct. Welcome to the site....Pics are required too:welcome:

ScottB
12-23-2009, 06:13 PM
dont see any pics of towels but here is the general hints:

Indigo's --- Polish Removal
Jrs/Supremes/Shamrocks --- Quick Detailing
Miracle Towel --- Wax Removal
Tangerine -- General Purpose
Guzzlers --- Drying Towels

GG4411
12-23-2009, 06:15 PM
My bad, I must have loaded the pics wrong. How is this?

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn121/gg4411/001-17.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn121/gg4411/002-20.jpg

cooksnj
12-23-2009, 07:19 PM
very nice & welcome. you have a good selection there. go easy with the glaze, and i mean easy. thin, thin, thin, you might need to use a little of the crystal mist to help get it off after you apply it. just lightly spray it on and then wipe it off. it would be easier to do it twice for full coverage than to put it on to heavy. have fun, and Merry Christmas.

GG4411
12-24-2009, 01:15 AM
Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

ppespepe
12-24-2009, 02:15 AM
Hi GG,

From my also newbie particular point of view i can tell you somethings about the products you bought..

First, you're missing products for your car washing... if there's something important i've learned from autogeek info and this very informative forum and then in my real world, this is the single most important step of all because it really doesn't matters how hard you prepare your car/paint... if you wash it the wrong way.. you'll be amazed of the swirls it can cause..

After you've cleaned your beloved car, and maybe after claying... you can use the KLASSE AIO to clean the paint... this product in my humble opinion it's outstanding!!!! believe me.. if i find this product it's not toxic i could use it on my teeth!!!...

Then after you've applied the AIO... go for the KLASSE glaze.. this is a bit of a PITA to wipe off but you'll love the results.. here are some tips for use it... by the way.. i'm by no means an expert but this techniques has worked for me veeeery good!:

- Apply it just like it costs $1000000 the oz... and i really mean it... try to be very frugal when applying it for it to be easier to wipe off..
- Use it under a very good light to see where you've already applied it... if there's not enough light.. you'll may use more than adequate.
- Let it dry for as long as you feel practical... if you're like me, you'll want to see results right away... but patience really pays here... 30 minutes or more perhaps???
- If it gets very hard to wipe off which is a little bit "normal"... i use a lawn and garden sprayer to spray a veeeeeeery few "mist" of water over the glaze for easy wipe off.
- When you're ready and all the Klasse Glaze is off... you have a decision to make... one or multi Klasse layers.
- Anyway, after the wipe off, let it rest for at least 12 hours before the next layer or the Souverän Wax...
- When it's time to use the Wax, use it sparingly... once again use your pocket to help you when doing it... just remember the price... and use it very frugal...

The reason to use it like this it's because the Wax goes over the paint and glaze but it really does not bonds like the klasse to the paint so if you use too much wax what you're really doing it's wasting your wax... If you want to use more wax in your baby, use multiple layers instead of a thick layer...

If you want to layer the Wax, use the sprayer you might have used before but this time with ice cold water... spray a little bit over the previous layers of wax just to harden the carnauba and the solvents or whatever the names are of the new layer of wax does not removes the old wax...

I have this combination of Klasse/Souverän and with the Wolfgang 3.0/Füzion... even when both are very good... i prefer the first one by miles... Wolfgang it's a lot easier to use but once again, in my humble opinion... it's not even on the same postcard as good as it gets with Klasse/Souverän...

I have, by no means, invented any of this procedures, i've learned from this or other forums and tried combining some of them and after some time, i decided this is the best option...for me of course :props:

Hope this helps in any way... (sorry for my english... second language.. :) )

Regards,

PP