PDA

View Full Version : Daily Driver combo

Pages : [1] 2

wn1998
12-21-2009, 10:45 PM
I currently apply Zaino AIO topcoated with Z2 and Zaino CS to my wifes nissan versa as well as our jeep. Is there anything out there that is better for daily drivers? Both cars are garaged in the Chicago Winters.

I like the quality of the products but after reading a few threads here I don't know what to get next. I am almost out of the Z2 (one bottle has lasted almost 3 years).

I am looking for durability as well as a decent shine. The Versa is a metailic blue and the jeep is silver. I also like to polish and was my brothers black 09 Mustang.

PAR Detailing
12-22-2009, 01:33 AM
Let me start off by saying I am not familiar with Zaino products but I just looked them up. If you are doing the whole thing stem to stern, I would personally skip the AIO ($27 for 16oz) and buy a polish such as Megs 205($30 for 32oz). The Z2 ($15 for 16oz) says its a showcar polish so I would buy Menz 85rd ($30 for 32oz) and then the CS($30 for 6oz) says its a sealant so I would choose a quality sealant or long lasting wax. I am personally bypassing sealants and using collinite 476 paste ($16 for 9oz) topped with max wax($30 for 8oz). I feel paste waxes last an incredibbly long time and are jsut fun to apply. In this post I am assuming you are using a buffer for correction... if not then I have very little experience with using correction products just by hand and I hope a more enlightned person can help you.
Hope that helps and keep us posted on what you decide
Merry Christmas
Jon

Lasthope05
12-22-2009, 03:06 AM
I currently apply Zaino AIO topcoated with Z2 and Zaino CS to my wifes nissan versa as well as our jeep. Is there anything out there that is better for daily drivers? Both cars are garaged in the Chicago Winters.

I like the quality of the products but after reading a few threads here I don't know what to get next. I am almost out of the Z2 (one bottle has lasted almost 3 years).

I am looking for durability as well as a decent shine. The Versa is a metailic blue and the jeep is silver. I also like to polish and was my brothers black 09 Mustang.

For ease of application, durability and good looks in sealants 4* UPP, 1000P, DGPS, DG105(similar to Z2 but cheaper) and UPGP(similar in application to ZCS) are my favorites. Are you looking to remove swirls and polish the car or are you just looking for a LSP(wax/sealant) product?

Let me start off by saying I am not familiar with Zaino products but I just looked them up. If you are doing the whole thing stem to stern, I would personally skip the AIO ($27 for 16oz) and buy a polish such as Megs 205($30 for 32oz). The Z2 ($15 for 16oz) says its a showcar polish so I would buy Menz 85rd ($30 for 32oz) and then the CS($30 for 6oz) says its a sealant so I would choose a quality sealant or long lasting wax. I am personally bypassing sealants and using collinite 476 paste ($16 for 9oz) topped with max wax($30 for 8oz). I feel paste waxes last an incredibbly long time and are jsut fun to apply. In this post I am assuming you are using a buffer for correction... if not then I have very little experience with using correction products just by hand and I hope a more enlightned person can help you.
Merry Christmas
Jon

Zaino's products are basically all sealants besides ZPC which is a light polish. Zaino's terms for their products are a bit old school and when they say polish they actually mean sealant. ZAIO is a chemical cleaner and sealant similar to Klasse AIO. Z2 is their sealant and ZCS is their spray sealant similar to Opti-seal.

Da Fats
12-22-2009, 07:52 AM
Didn't think there was much out there that was similar to optiseal

ICEMAN
12-22-2009, 07:59 AM
i use Menzerna Nano Polish on an orange pad for a single stage with some extra cut.

i have done a lot of daily drivers in the past with just SIP and Orange pad then wax. like on beige colored cars that the owners wanted a quick cheap buff...

PAR Detailing
12-22-2009, 09:15 AM
[/QUOTE]Zaino's products are basically all sealants besides ZPC which is a light polish. Zaino's terms for their products are a bit old school and when they say polish they actually mean sealant. ZAIO is a chemical cleaner and sealant similar to Klasse AIO. Z2 is their sealant and ZCS is their spray sealant similar to Opti-seal.[/QUOTE]

Oooohhhh got ya. Thanks I appretiate it.

wn1998
12-22-2009, 12:41 PM
I am currently applying the zaino by hand. I am going to be picking up a Griots RO this spring and will probably also get some M105 and M205 for swirls. I am looking for a great sealant/wax combo that will last but also still have a very deep wet shine.

I guess I should say I am looking for somthing that will preform well however, I don't want to spend the better part of a day applying. That is why I like Zaino, it is 3 layers (AIO, Z2 & CS), however, it only takes about 45 mins to apply all 3 layers.

I would say I typically apply wax 2-3 times per year. I use Lucas Quick Mist after every wash to keep them shiny and add some protection in between waxings.

CharlesW
12-22-2009, 04:05 PM
First off, I'm not a Zaino user, but if you are happy with the products you are using. why change?
If you just want to experiment, that's a different story. :D

wn1998
12-22-2009, 04:25 PM
First off, I'm not a Zaino user, but if you are happy with the products you are using. why change?

I am happy and instead of spending another $75 on products, I would like to see if there are any other alternatives that I should give a shot. I guess it is to experiment.

Bunky
12-22-2009, 04:28 PM

Experimenting is nice...

ScottB
12-22-2009, 05:31 PM
Merry Christmas
Jon

Zaino calls their sealants polishes as using the term loosely. No abrasives in Z2 and Z5 just pure sealants. They do offer a light abrasive called ZFX.

Didn't think there was much out there that was similar to optiseal

Infact there are two products, Zaino ClearSeal and Ultima Paint Protection. All three are WOWA sealants with no real buffing needed. But apply sparingly or you will need to remove excess which streaks.

Experimenting is nice...

Indeed ... and their spray Z8 works rather well on all sealants. I like Four Star UPP and then Z8 which was an experiment in itself.

nitro78
12-23-2009, 12:51 PM
i would say try four star ultimate paint protection. its the one sealent that gets me comments on looks while durability is decent and removal is among the easiest i have ever encountered

ScottB
12-23-2009, 06:23 PM
i would say try four star ultimate paint protection. its the one sealent that gets me comments on looks while durability is decent and removal is among the easiest i have ever encountered

Four Star UPP mimics the look of Zaino Z5Pro w Z8 and slicker too. Its still my personal favorite sealant.

LincolnZephyr2006
12-23-2009, 08:09 PM
Four Star UPP mimics the look of Zaino Z5Pro w Z8 and slicker too. Its still my personal favorite sealant.

How long does 4 star last as a sealant? I am need of a new sealant to experiment with...

CEE DOG
12-24-2009, 11:34 AM
I can tell you UPGP (Ultima) has lasted me about 6 months now. Looks amazing, lasts a long time. Can't wait to get to work claying and polishing and getting Skybaby ready for her new sealing. Vacation soon come!