PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding aquapel

keifer75
12-21-2009, 03:41 PM
So I have a few questions regarding aquapel, I did some reading around and have heard that this stuff can be streaky. I have also heard that this helps the wipers glide over the glass better. What are you personal experiences with this product? I do a lot of highway driving in this NY winter, so anything to help clarity and vision would be a great help.

wytstang
12-21-2009, 03:52 PM
I've been using for a couple of years and it has never streaked (glass thoroughly cleaned before application). Ice is easier to remove as per my wife's feedback. Moderate to heavy down pours really show how well it works. Going about 40mph is when water really started to slide right off. I see 4/5 months from a single application.

parboy
12-21-2009, 04:00 PM
I've been using this for about a year now. This is without a doubt one of the best products for your glass. I haven't noticed any streaking when I use it. Clean glass really good before applying, then just buff it off with a microfiber. It takes a little elbow grease to take it off, but nothing horrible. I usually use one "vial" on both my cars windshields. It's not as thick on the second vehicle, but still works good. On a car that is not my daily, I still see it working 6 months after application. On my daily, it starts to fade around 3 months and probably re-apply at 4 months. On the highway, rain just sheets over the top. Great product.

HighEndDetail
12-21-2009, 04:07 PM
As the others stated it last 3-4 months. I have it on my dd and it is about 5 months. And it is fading, I need to reply it. I need to make an order and get some more.
It makes a difference and with new wiper blades, since my old blades were like 2 years old.

wytstang
12-21-2009, 04:40 PM
Advance Auto has these on clearance, they carried it for about 6 months and it didn't sell (according to store clerk). So whatever they have left (if any) is on clearance. I bought the last one today for a whopping nickle here in south Ga. When I go back to SC I'm hitting all the AA stores.

ScottB
12-21-2009, 06:01 PM
Absolutely love it .... hated Rain-X and that streaked and left wiper chatter.

Old Tiger
12-21-2009, 08:51 PM
I agree with all of the superlatives above. This is the Daddy Rabbit of rain repellants! Works and lasts as advertised. Works better than any paint sealants I have applied to windows. I have no problems with streaking and wipers are silent when working on Aquapel treated windshields. This is in a different leeague from Rain-X or Glass Science IMO.

keifer75
12-21-2009, 10:25 PM
thank you for the advice everyon!, went to my local advance tonight and they were on clearance for 1.95, and I have a friend that works there, knocked them down to 50 cents a piece, so I bought what was left, I ended up leaving with 8 of them.

MisterShark
12-22-2009, 12:12 AM
Wow, you guys are getting incredible deals on Aquapel.

I just did a Google shopping search for stores that might be close to me and Ace Hardware has Aquapel (a single treatment package as far as I can tell) for a whopping $14.99

LINK REMOVED -- PRODUCT CARRIED AT AUTOGEEK

Erik Mejia
12-22-2009, 01:36 AM
Aquapel is a great product, really works as advertised. If you want to maximize it's performance make sure you clay the windshield prior to application.

alexjn1
12-22-2009, 03:32 PM
I tried aquapel for the first time about 2 months ago and I love it and will continue to use it.

I also clean my windows on a regular basis with Stoner's IG with rain repellent.

ScottB
12-22-2009, 05:33 PM
Aquapel Glass Care, Rain repellent, aqua-pel, glass sealer, windshield repellent (http://www.autogeek.net/aquapel-glass-care.html)

Matt S.
12-23-2009, 01:17 PM
I've never experienced streaking with Aquapel, but anything can streak if not applied/removed correctly. I would guess it can streak if applied in high heat/direct sunlight like most sealants. It is a great product and lasts 4-6 months as others mentioned. Anything over 40-50mph and I usually don't even need my wipers since all the rain just jumps off the windshield - so it does help with wiper life between the increased slickness and not having to use your wipers as much! :D

knj
12-23-2009, 03:04 PM
I have used Aquapel no issues if instructions are followed. Like any other product start with a clean surface. It does last several months great for winter use.