PDA

View Full Version : In Korea for a week... anything I should pick up?

LincolnZephyr2006
12-20-2009, 09:24 PM
Hey guys! Well... since my dad works for the Army and stationed in South Korea right now..... I decided to come again this year! Since I am a senior in college, the government gives me one free trip a year. Now.... we are going to go out to shop here and there and was wondering what might be some things I can pick up for detailing? I am going to try to see what microfibers they have available or anything else! I will let you guys know what hidden gems I may find here!

PAR Detailing
12-20-2009, 09:31 PM
If you find anything good hook a brother up haha but seriously

LincolnZephyr2006
12-20-2009, 10:15 PM
HAHA no problem big Jon I will keep you updated! Made it safe here.... trip from Atlanta to Tokyo SUCKED but its all good now!

PAR Detailing
12-20-2009, 10:20 PM
Good deal man! Glad you made it to Korea safe and sound. I never got a chance to clean that audi s6 and take pics, they picked it up too quick.

Gary Sword
12-21-2009, 07:29 AM
Maybe you can bring back a large Samsung HD TV in your carry on. My wife is Korean. I really hate the long fight over there. Have a great trip.

LincolnZephyr2006
12-21-2009, 02:21 PM
Maybe you can bring back a large Samsung HD TV in your carry on. My wife is Korean. I really hate the long fight over there. Have a great trip.

Thanks Gary! I went for two weeks last year and could not handle it, so I only went for a week this year. I got sick from the plane ride, so I have been coughing two long days (but beer is helping.)

infinityshine
12-21-2009, 04:56 PM
You should really visit the DMZ. Went to Korea 3 years ago and it was so cool. The train into the tunnels is really cool.

ScottB
12-21-2009, 06:00 PM
Do they make Korean car wax , or just import it ??

LincolnZephyr2006
12-21-2009, 11:38 PM

They do. My dad said he bought some and sucks. They try to imitate all the popular brands....

LincolnZephyr2006
12-22-2009, 01:01 AM

Hey Killr,
Just got back from shopping around and they do indeed make their own line of waxes, compounds, and microfibers. My dad said it would be a waste to buy the waxes, so I took pictures of them. However, I did manage to pick a microfiber wash mitt, window cloth, and polishing cloth! I will post pictures either tonight or tomorrow! Hope y'all enjoy the pics!

LincolnZephyr2006
12-22-2009, 01:52 AM
Here we go guys! In the last pic, you can see the various spray waxes and what not! I did not have the chance to take some pics of the canned waxes.... but just think regular wax with a whole bunch of korean writing! Also.... here are a few pics of me and the cars the live in the condos my dad lives in (2.2 million dollar condo) so you know these guys are driving nice cars! Pictured is a Bentley, Aston Martin, and Lambo! And you guessed it.... SWIRLS SWIRLS SWIRLS!

cokemachine
12-22-2009, 10:47 AM
Korea's cool. I go there to visit a friend about every year. Since your dad's works for army, your probably near Itaewon. There's some cool places to shop. There's a big store there that has alot of imitation products...luggage, wallets and such. There happens to be a nice watch booth there with some fake Rolexes and Omegas. E-Mart is a cool electronics mall in Yongsan. There's a redlight district across the street that's worth a stroll through. Have you figured out what the "double barber poles" are yet?:xyxthumbs:

LincolnZephyr2006
12-22-2009, 01:42 PM
Korea's cool. I go there to visit a friend about every year. Since your dad's works for army, your probably near Itaewon. There's some cool places to shop. There's a big store there that has alot of imitation products...luggage, wallets and such. There happens to be a nice watch booth there with some fake Rolexes and Omegas. E-Mart is a cool electronics mall in Yongsan. There's a redlight district across the street that's worth a stroll through. Have you figured out what the "double barber poles" are yet?:xyxthumbs:

LOL... I have been to all those places you just mentioned in one day. We are going to Eastgate tomorrow.... which is like another Itaewon.... so we will see how that goes! Theres another E-Mart which sells groceries and what not, and that is where I took those pics! Also, I took the others pics in the big tower called PARK TOWER which is locared right next to Camp Yongsan...... and we go out to the "alley" and see some interesting girls.....

Have you been to 3 Alley Pub? Awesome bar!

2003 GMC Denali
12-22-2009, 02:33 PM
I wish our Parkades had nice floors... and nice Cars like that one has.

ScottB
12-22-2009, 05:35 PM
Its too bad they dont have their own quality brands. I know the big line in China is Soft99 and had hoped Korea had something of their own for samples.