PDA

View Full Version : Xmt Finishing Glaze Vs Wolfgang Sealer

BILL
10-06-2006, 06:08 PM
Im torn between XMT glaze or wolfgangs sealer......on a silver vette

any suggestions??? :(

justin_murphy
10-06-2006, 06:40 PM
Well the glaze isn't strong enough for a true LSP. It's made to enhance and deeper a just finished clearcoat. Sealers are a LSP. Sealants tend to look better on metallics like silver than a carnauba wax. You could get both. Top the glaze with the sealant!

Reddwarf
10-06-2006, 06:55 PM
Well the glaze isn't strong enough for a true LSP. It's made to enhance and deeper a just finished clearcoat. Sealers are a LSP. Sealants tend to look better on metallics like silver than a carnauba wax. You could get both. Top the glaze with the sealant!

I thought you couldn't top XMT glaze with a sealant because the glaze is made with carnuba. True, or no?

justin_murphy
10-06-2006, 06:57 PM
Well technically no.....but I've experimented.
Boowahahaha!
(mad scientist laugh)

joe.p
10-06-2006, 07:09 PM
If you get the WG kit it comes with a glaze that is compatable with WG products..

ryandamartini
10-06-2006, 09:02 PM
I thought you couldn't top XMT glaze with a sealant because the glaze is made with carnuba. True, or no?
Wrong, even in the XMT video on autogeek, they top it with souveran liquid. Just make sure you top it with a favorite nuba. No cleaning properties.

ScottB
10-06-2006, 09:41 PM
Souveran liquid IS carnauba based with polymers. But as Justin has offered, sometimes product seem to jive. Typically a sealant does not like the oil and fillers in glazes, but its a rule of thumb not an absolute.

As for Bill .... you love the Wolfgang. They make a nice glaze in that line also. Or you could go with Souveran paste .... I always did !!

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/167Sep30_04.JPG

BILL
10-07-2006, 07:04 AM
THANKS ........I'll check out the wolfgang glaze, and think of topping with wolfgangs sealer if thats possible and then maybe the souveran paste,......or as justin suggested top off the XMT glaze with the wolfgang sealer and re-top with souveran or just the wolfgang alone with souveran....whatever?? i'll post back with pics:cheers:

Is it a good idea to use
Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer

before the WG GLAZE??? Then the sealer.......