PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Well Cleaning Question

Pages : [1] 2

SRHTX
12-19-2009, 05:34 PM
Hello Everyone,

I want to know how you clean wheel wells and make them look nice and new. I have my way of doing things but, I would like to know how others do it.

Rsurfer
12-19-2009, 05:58 PM
Hello Everyone,

I want to know how you clean wheel wells and make them look nice and new. I have my way of doing things but, I would like to know how others do it.
I just turn the wheels and use a long handle brush with some APC. Every 3-4 months I pull the wheels and do a complete cleaning including the inside of the tires and wheels. Seal both sides of the wheel and then spray the entire wheel well with CG Bare Bones.

Matt
12-19-2009, 08:05 PM
Same as Rsurfer. I don't usually dress the wheel wells though. If I do feel like dressing the wheel wells, I dilute some of my Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire gel with water, then use a rag to wipe it on and leave it to dry.

SRHTX
12-19-2009, 08:07 PM
This is not ment on ower own vehicle(s). This is for our clients vehicles.

just an fyi.

Rsurfer
12-19-2009, 08:50 PM
This is not ment on ower own vehicle(s). This is for our clients vehicles.

just an fyi.Then skip the wheel removal. Even a wash and wax...the wells get cleaned and a cheap tire dressing.

christian900se
12-19-2009, 08:53 PM
A simple cleaning by using a long handled brush and some APC (I love using Amazing Roll-Off) which is my normal technique for clients cars. If I get a wheels off detail (mostly my car only), I will really get into the nooks and crannies of the arch and suspension components with smaller brushes and apply Megs Endurance which lasts a very long time in my experience.

A pressure washer would make life alot easier for this job I think.

SRHTX
12-19-2009, 08:59 PM
A simple cleaning by using a long handled brush and some APC (I love using Amazing Roll-Off) which is my normal technique for clients cars. If I get a wheels off detail (mostly my car only), I will really get into the nooks and crannies of the arch and suspension components with smaller brushes and apply Megs Endurance which lasts a very long time in my experience.

A pressure washer would make life alot easier for this job I think.

Thanks. Answers like I was looking for. Who else has a suggestion?

GMC83
12-19-2009, 09:10 PM
I usually clean the wheelwells with APC, various brushes dipped in soap and water and then after the wash I dress the wheelwells with Hyperdressing or All Season Dressing.

Mirror Detailing
12-19-2009, 10:33 PM
This is a interesting question. Alot of my clients involve people in the aftermarket side of the hobby. So about 90% of the cars I work on are either lowered a few inches or slammed. So its quite difficult to clean the wheel wells.

Anyone know a really strong chemical thats safe to spray into the wheel wells that will break down as much grime as possible and be able to just rinse it off?

SRHTX
12-19-2009, 10:39 PM
Down here, many many people does not know what cleaning a car is. Including all those drive by car wash places. A vast amount of the vehicles have nasty looking wheel wells, so, that is why I've asked the question. It's not easy cleaning all of these vehicles wheel wells.

skizot
12-19-2009, 11:00 PM
I treat my client cars like I would my own, with the exception of removing the wheels. APC + dwell time + fender brush, pressure wash and then Adams Under Carriage (something I wish AG would sell). Sometimes if I am running low or out of AUC, I will use the same CD-2 detailer spray I use for the engine bay or some Megs Hyper Dressing.

nitro78
12-20-2009, 12:42 AM
I treat my client cars like I would my own, with the exception of removing the wheels. APC + dwell time + fender brush, pressure wash and then Adams Under Carriage (something I wish AG would sell). Sometimes if I am running low or out of AUC, I will use the same CD-2 detailer spray I use for the engine bay or some Megs Hyper Dressing.

is the AUC and the Griots Undercarriage Spray not comparable in your opinion?

tuscarora dave
12-20-2009, 12:56 AM
Poorboy's APC soak, brush with a long handled carrand brush, spray with PB Bold&Bright

2011wahoo
12-20-2009, 01:02 AM
As far as cleaning wheel wells goes with lowered vehicles, I rely solely on the pressure washer to get them clean. The hard part with lowered wheel wells is dressing them. For this I use a 2 gallon air compressor I bought from Sears for $60 and a paint spray gun from Harbor Freight that cost $15 filled with opti bond and water 50/50 mix and it works beautifully. I use the spray gun on all tires and wheel wells which I can do in about 1/4 of the time it takes by hand.

Wax Gorilla
12-20-2009, 05:21 AM
I clean as needed with brushes and MF towels that are used for that purpose only. Then when vehicle is complete and dry I spray CG Bare Bones on Wheel Well and any visible Linkage.