PDA

View Full Version : Getting 12-18 inches snow in NY today, WHICH?

mavven77
12-19-2009, 01:21 PM
Not sure if I am putting this in the correct location here on the site, but we are getting our first snowfall of the year in lower NY today going in to tonight. I own a new vehicle and am going to the auto store to buy a snow removal brush, here is my concern, the bristles on all the brushes feel hard. Will I do damage to the paint, meaning swirls and minor scratches, with a store bought brush? Are the brushes on autogeek different from the items in my local auto parts store?

Either way i have to buy something today because we are expecting 12-18 inches. I was thinking that I will just buy a car cover, and then clean the snow off of that so I don't damage the paint.

Any suggestions? :)

jpegs13
12-19-2009, 01:25 PM
Not sure if I am putting this in the correct location here on the site, but we are getting our first snowfall of the year in lower NY today going in to tonight. I own a new vehicle and am going to the auto store to buy a snow removal brush, here is my concern, the bristles on all the brushes feel hard. Will I do damage to the paint, meaning swirls and minor scratches, with a store bought brush? Are the brushes on autogeek different from the items in my local auto parts store?

Either way i have to buy something today because we are expecting 12-18 inches. I was thinking that I will just buy a car cover, and then clean the snow off of that so I don't damage the paint.

Any suggestions? :)

Go to WHY WHY WHY thread, we're complaining about the white stuff there