PDA

View Full Version : Washing / Drying

P1et
10-06-2006, 12:19 PM
So I want to take advantage of the 15% off sale and buy a few things. One of the things that I'm still not very AG about is the actual washing and drying of my vehicles.

What should I buy to wash the vehicle? The Cobra Bone? The Edge ShMITT?

How about drying the vehicle? Right now I use the Absorber with good results, but I seem to hear everyone banging on about the Guzzler.

:confused:

TedGamble
10-06-2006, 12:37 PM
What should I buy to wash the vehicle?
I'm partial to natural sheepskin mitts for the "touchy feely" part of it.

How about drying the vehicle?
Guzzlers rock

Sevenrd
10-06-2006, 12:43 PM
There are many good product choices, so I'll just chime in on my wash process:

Foam gun pre-wash, 2-bucket method using a natural sea sponge, dry with a Sonus WW towel. Right now I'm using Meg's GC shampoo. Pretty good for an OTC wash.

I'm happy with this method. The foam gun is great. After using a sea sponge I doubt I'll go back to anything else. the WW drying towel works great provided I rinse the vehicle properly beforehand (no nozzle so the water sheets off).

Hope this helps.

P1et
10-06-2006, 01:00 PM
I take that the Sonus WW is the same as the Cobra WW?

Also, it sounds like the WW will only work properly is you have a properly waxed vehicle. Right?

ScottB
10-06-2006, 09:51 PM
get yourself a guzzler and a good sheepskin mitt or the Scmitt. (I got mine this morning)

If you dont like the Guzzler, I will trade you for a new , never used, P21S drying towel. Think Absorber ... and I will pay shipping !!

supercharged
10-06-2006, 09:56 PM
How can someone not like Cobra WW towel. Cobra microfiber towels rock!!!

gr82bhum
10-06-2006, 11:19 PM
After washing, I use a spotless water system and blow dry by car with an electric leaf blower.Im the MAN Im the MAN http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/images/smilies/dancebanana1si.gif

Surfer
10-07-2006, 10:23 AM
Like above, I use an electric blower and I know Scott (Killr) does as well. After letting the water flow out of the hose and sheet itself off the vehicle. I use my electric blower to blow damn near any wayter left off it, and also get it out of nooks and crannies like seals around the windows where water loves to drip after drying lol. Then I just go around witha little QD'er and micros and that's it.

Driven Auto Detail
10-07-2006, 10:43 AM
I also use an electric blower. My drying process is:

-After washing, run free flowing hose water over entire car to sheet off large quantities of water.
-Use electric blower to remove majority of left-over water AND force water out of all cracks, crevices, & badges.
-Use Meg's Water Magnet (it's probably similar to the Cobra Guzzler) to dry any remaining water dropletts.

joe.p
10-07-2006, 11:03 AM
get yourself a guzzler and a good sheepskin mitt or the Scmitt. (I got mine this morning)

If you dont like the Guzzler, I will trade you for a new , never used, P21S drying towel. Think Absorber ... and I will pay shipping !!
now theres an offer you can't refuse :cheers:

justin_murphy
10-07-2006, 11:20 AM
I used to use the Absorber then got WW.......what a diff!
I never have to ring them out like th Absorber. After I'm done drying with a WW, I hang it up on my truck's mirror so it can dry out and be used again.

I only use the ShMitt now. I'm convinced that it's the best way for me to wash cars all day long. It never falls off or drips and wastes wash water. Cleans up easy. Try it and I bet you never go to anything else.