PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else experienced mold?

LincolnZephyr2006
12-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Hey guys!
Has anyone else experienced mold in their DP Wheel glaze? When I brought it down over the weekend to put some on my wheels... I saw mold in the actual glaze and some in the lid. I also could not think of any factors of what might have caused the mold since I:

1. Keep the Wheel Glaze at room temp.
2. Shake it once a month to keep from settling
3. Bought it in June, so age is not really a factor
4. Lid is sealed on TIGHT.... Every single one of my chemicals are shut tight and I double check each time

Any reason why so I can prevent it from happening again? Thanks!

DP is one of my personal favorites.... so I just want to know how to keep it from molding or otherwise I will have to throw the can of it away! :(

ScottB
12-13-2009, 04:27 PM
Were you using a damp rag or possibly a wet wheel when applying and scooping from jar ??? Mold commonly takes water so my only thought.

LincolnZephyr2006
12-13-2009, 08:59 PM
Not at all... just my dry microfibers I get from Sam's. Does the glaze contain water in it? Hmmm.... not sure. Thanks though.

Gary Sword
12-14-2009, 06:57 AM
I did a few years back. I ended up just throwing it out. I like DP products but don't care much for the wheel glaze.

LincolnZephyr2006
12-14-2009, 10:13 AM
Thanks Gary. I tried the 476 on my wheels and like it better than the glaze. Like you said, I love DP products but the wheel glaze seems to need a revision. I cannot just throw it away since the darn thing was around $16 I could have spent on something else!

ScottB
12-14-2009, 06:38 PM
Thanks Gary. I tried the 476 on my wheels and like it better than the glaze. Like you said, I love DP products but the wheel glaze seems to need a revision. I cannot just throw it away since the darn thing was around $16 I could have spent on something else!

call in .. I am sure it will be replaced.

LincolnZephyr2006
12-14-2009, 07:40 PM
Thanks!

LincolnZephyr2006
12-15-2009, 09:48 AM
Just wanted to say that AG has OUTSTANDING customer service and took care of me. I am never going elsewhere to give my business.... they have earned a customer for life (have been).