PDA

View Full Version : Not your typical question about pads...

WRAPT C5Z06
12-13-2009, 12:43 PM
Lets say I use Wolfgang Paint Polish Enhancer with a white CCS pad. I'm aware that the PPE has no cutting ability and will not correct paint, just clean it. Is it possible for the white pad(while working the PPE) itself can remove minor swirls? Hope you understand what I'm asking...

A4 1.8tqm
12-13-2009, 02:12 PM
I will say yes. If it's anything like when I used Klasse AIO, which has no "abrasive cut" in this thread http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/17628-first-time-machine-polishing.html a white pad can remove swirls for sure. Although AIO does have some polishing ability.

ScottB
12-13-2009, 04:29 PM
just rubbing is abrasive, pads are abrasive, so in some ways even a product not dedicated for polishing could still be abrasive. More likely to fill and temporarily hide swirls but it might be able to remove the most minor of swirls.

ASPHALT ROCKET
12-13-2009, 06:04 PM
Paint polisher with a white pad is just going to fill.

Mike Phillips
12-13-2009, 10:28 PM
Lets say I use Wolfgang Paint Polish Enhancer with a white CCS pad. I'm aware that the PPE has no cutting ability and will not correct paint, just clean it. Is it possible for the white pad(while working the PPE) itself can remove minor swirls? Hope you understand what I'm asking...

Depends upon the paint system. If the paint is very hard then it probably won't do an visible correction work. If the paint is very soft, then "yes" the act of buffing paint with a polishing pad can have a cleaning effect but not with PPE on a clear coat finish.

I've worked on single stage paints where spit has a cleaning effect so I try not to make any broad sweeping statements about products until I find out what the person is working on, as in what kind of paint system the person is working on. I once helped a guy to sand and buff a classic Tricycle.

:D

WRAPT C5Z06
12-14-2009, 10:11 AM
Depends upon the paint system. If the paint is very hard then it probably won't do an visible correction work. If the paint is very soft, then "yes" the act of buffing paint with a polishing pad can have a cleaning effect but not with PPE on a clear coat finish.

I'm going to try Griot's new version ROP, Swirl X, and a white CCS pad on my silver 07 z06. Considering my paint is probably hard, I hope this combo will be able to do *some* correction.