PDA

View Full Version : products in the cold?

TS656577
12-10-2009, 11:49 PM
Hey, I currently just keep all of my products inside. I really want to put like a cabinet out in the garage which is mostly insulated. I mean, it gets cold but does the temperature out there have an effect on compounds/polishes/etc?

wn1998
12-11-2009, 11:34 AM
I would like to know the answer to this as well. I would assume some would have some ingriedients seperate. I live in Chicago and currently it is -16 so I keep all of my products in a milk crate in my closet.

Dwayne
12-11-2009, 12:11 PM
Climate controlled is best for long term product storage.When some products are exposed to extreme temperatures over an extended period of time the contents separate and settling occurs.

We recommend not only storing your liquid products in a climate controlled area but also shaking them vigorously once per month to keep the products in suspension and ready to perform as designed.

Bunky
12-11-2009, 12:17 PM
Climate controlled is best for long term product storage.When some products are exposed to extreme temperatures over an extended period of time the contents separate and settling occurs.

We recommend not only storing your liquid products in a climate controlled area but also shaking them vigorously once per month to keep the products in suspension and ready to perform as designed.

A new slogan...Have you shaken your products lately?

CakeDaddy
12-11-2009, 12:21 PM
I have a finished garage (insulated) and the temp is normally 50 degrees even when its 10 degrees outside, but I'll take the advice and shake them from time to time.

mikep288
12-11-2009, 12:23 PM
Dwayne, thanks for the timely info (It's 29 degrees here in sunny NJ). I knew about the hazards of extreme temps, but never gave a thought to giving the various products a shake every so often. Will definitely add that to the routine as all of my stuff has just been brought inside within the last week or two.

BTW: Do the same rules apply to aerosol cans?
ex: tire foams, windows cleaners, interior protectants, etc?

TS656577
12-11-2009, 04:46 PM
hmm. so what would be a temperature that is too low? and I've never even considered shaking the products every so often

jpegs13
12-11-2009, 04:50 PM
Does the shaking due to lack of movement apply to 14 year old boys on couches with video games? Will I have any luck keeping the "product" from getting useless?

sparkie
12-11-2009, 07:38 PM
A new slogan...Have you shaken your products lately?
I like that....:xyxthumbs:

Have you shaken your products lately?

cnfowler
12-12-2009, 03:46 AM
Don't let your products freeze, either. Thats the big one. Mike Phillips will probably post his thoughts on this thread before long.

Colin

fubar
12-12-2009, 09:58 AM
Actually, some of the products won't work after freezing. Most wax and polish hate temp changes, and won't mix back together.

If you shake the bottle, and the product wont mix together, it's a dead bottle!

Misha
12-12-2009, 10:28 AM
mine are either under my bed in storage or in my closet so its good for them there.