PDA

View Full Version : How to select the precise Car wash

roman2e
12-10-2009, 12:41 PM
Hello..! Everyone, I’m getting ready to place a new order on AG. But I need some advice about the car wash (solution, soap or shampoo) to buy. Until now I was using Mothers California Gold Car Wash. In my last order for my surprised I received Pinnacle XMT Gel Shampoo & Conditioner as a gift from AG(Thanks!):props:. Wow the Pinnacle made my car shine. Then I decided to step up and buy a quality car wash, but which one? From the comments on the site I’m evaluating:

:autowash:

>Poorboy's World Super Slick & Suds Concentrated Car Wash
>Optimum Car Wash
>Wolfgang Auto Bathe
>Dodo Juice Sour Power Gloss Enhancing Shampoo

Any suggestions? Feed back please

NOTE: My car is used daily and dirt, oil, road grit and grime are always in the paint. I wash the car weekly and a full polish & seal/wax every 4-6 months.

dublifecrisis
12-10-2009, 02:16 PM
I really like the Wolfgang. I also really like Duragloss shampoo. It's worthy of being on the list. Also DP shampoo...yes I like auto shampoo a lot.

TheGLL
12-10-2009, 02:24 PM
What is the difference between a Wolfgang or DP Shampoo and Meguiar's Gold Class ( cheaper product ) ?

roman2e
12-10-2009, 02:41 PM
What is the difference between a Wolfgang or DP Shampoo and Meguiar's Gold Class ( cheaper product ) ?

At least in price the Duragloss is better :
Wolfgang Auto Bathe $19.99
DP Auto Bath is $15.99
Duragloss $5.99 and has good raitings

But for my the key factor is Cleaning power and less water spots. So, I still have my doubt!

sparkism13
12-10-2009, 02:54 PM
You were already using two quality car washes, the Mother's and the Pinnacle. There is only so much cleaning power you may want/need since you don't want to strip off the wax or sealant you apply, unless that is your goal. In this regard, I personally would not spend too much on car soap. Wolfgang stuff gets high marks but carries a premium. I use Megs Gold Class and I love it. Very rich and sudsy. Again, its simply meant to lift dirt and fresh water spots. Anything more than that is where your clay, polish, paint cleansing, etc. comes in. If you keep your car well protected, you can use any quality soap - and there are plenty out there. Its a total preference thing.

jake66
12-10-2009, 03:19 PM
I like Megs Gold Class - cheap, easily available and also use ONR as a softener and in winter. Great Stuff!

roman2e
12-10-2009, 04:03 PM
You were already using two quality car washes, the Mother's and the Pinnacle. There is only so much cleaning power you may want/need since you don't want to strip off the wax or sealant you apply, unless that is your goal. In this regard, I personally would not spend too much on car soap. Wolfgang stuff gets high marks but carries a premium. I use Megs Gold Class and I love it. Very rich and sudsy. Again, its simply meant to lift dirt and fresh water spots. Anything more than that is where your clay, polish, paint cleansing, etc. comes in. If you keep your car well protected, you can use any quality soap - and there are plenty out there. Its a total preference thing.

You are correct. I will go with he Poorboy's World Super Slick & Suds Concentrated Car Wash or Optimum Car Wash. They both have economic prices.
That way I can expend more money on Waxes! Thanks..:xyxthumbs: