PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Asap!!

my01ws6
10-05-2006, 06:17 PM
Ok well I was getting ready for my first detail...i washed the car with Meguaries then clay barred it then washed it again then dried it and pulled it in my garage to be polished and waxed....

now my problem is....

I bought everything i need EXCEPT the XMT pad cleaner and conditioner...i should get both in the mail tomorrow but do i have to use the conditioner to be able to use swirl remover??

also my car has ALOT of swirls scratches etc etc and its a black car....I bought the entire XMT line along with Pinnacle liquid souveran...which pads should i use and what should i use first?

sorry for the stupid questions....

thanks in advance!!

Ryan

articsilber323
10-05-2006, 06:22 PM
if you have any quick detailer you can mist the mad with this, the conditioner is only to reduse the amound of time of dry buf or the ammount of time it takes for the polish to spread out onto the paint and start working

as far as cleaning for light cleaning i just hose off with the garden hose for heavier cleaning i use the XMT pad cleaner

good luck with it and just remeber to work it slow and wait till it hazes (5min working at 2'X2')

-z

FloridaNative
10-05-2006, 06:34 PM
Start with the least abrasive pad/polish combo to get the job done. Do a test panel and if the swirls are still there bump the polish up to a more abrasive one. :)

ScottB
10-05-2006, 06:37 PM
use a little water of qd'er to keep polish wet while polishing. Until the conditioner arrives .....

my01ws6
10-05-2006, 06:55 PM
so i just spray the pad once then im good or do i spray it for each panel?

ScottB
10-05-2006, 08:03 PM
If you find the polish flashing (drying to a haze) to quickly, you will spritz the pad while damp. At first use, I use one or two spritz's on pad before starting also.

my01ws6
10-05-2006, 09:21 PM
well i tried 2 parts of the hood and there are still light straight scratches...no more swirls and very few light scratches like some every inch or so.....

1st panel i tried XMT 2...then XMT 1
2nd panel i tried XMT3 .....then XMT 1

havent put on glaze or wax yet tho

are there still supposed to be scratches?

sparkie
10-05-2006, 09:24 PM
well i tried 2 panels and there are still light straight scratches...no more swirls and very few light scratches like some every inch or so.....

1st panel i tried XMT 2...then XMT 1
2nd panel i tried XMT3 .....then XMT 1

havent put on glaze or wax yet tho

are there still supposed to be scratches?
They may be to deep to get out.

my01ws6
10-05-2006, 09:26 PM
also the polish seems to go clear pretty fast...not 5 mins at all....maybe like 2mins

ScottB
10-06-2006, 06:32 AM
also the polish seems to go clear pretty fast...not 5 mins at all....maybe like 2mins

use the conditioner ....are you in a very dry or hot area ?? Make sure the finish is cool to the touch.

my01ws6
10-06-2006, 12:03 PM
nope not hot....working in my garage...havent drove the car in about 12 hours....its probably low 70s outside here in MO....slowly becoming winter :D