PDA

View Full Version : ONR dilution for clay lube/QD

anson89
12-09-2009, 12:17 AM
The suggested is 2:1 for clay lube and 6:1 for QD (ONR:Water) from what I've read.

Can diluting 5:1 be used as a QD and clay lube at the same time? Don't wanna spread it through out too many bottles.

02blackout
12-09-2009, 12:28 AM
Another stupid on-topic question. What does it mean by these ration things. 5what to 1what.

acc1079
12-09-2009, 12:42 AM
The dilution, at least all the times I have ever seen it, is the higher number to water. So, as a very simplistic example.... if something is calling for 5:1, you would put 5oz of water, and 1oz of product. Obviously, if you want more, you just multiply to get the amount of finished product.

On the ONR question, yes, you can use the higher amount for clay lube that you do for QD. It is just kinda wasting product by using more then you need. But I have done it before, when not wanting to mix a batch for a quick clay, and had no ill effects.

anson89
12-09-2009, 12:55 AM
The lesser, at least all the times I have ever seen it, is the higher number to water. So, as a very simplistic example.... if something is calling for 5:1, you would put 5oz of water, and 1oz of product. Obviously, if you want more, you just multiply to get the amount of finished product.

On the ONR question, yes, you can use the higher amount for clay lube that you do for QD, it is just kinda wasting product by using more then you need. But I have done it before, when not wanting to mix a match for a quick clay, and had no ill effects.

Thanks buddy :xyxthumbs:

dublifecrisis
12-09-2009, 08:49 AM
I've never mixed ONR following the clay lube ratio. I always have a gallon of pre-mixed at the QD ratio and that is what I use for claying. In fact, that's what I use ONR QD primarily for.

I think it's 6 oz to 1 gallon (12 capfuls of the 32 oz ONR).

CharlesW
12-09-2009, 09:05 AM
FWIW, I have read that the dilution ratio for ONR as a quick detailer has been changed to 8 parts water and 1 part ONR.

There was a post on AGOL with that information in it.

ONR just raised the dillution ratio for QD from 6ozs. per gallon to 8 ozs. per gallon. If the car is really dirty, I would give it an ONR wash.