PDA

View Full Version : questions on a black 05 Dodge Magnum

tuscarora dave
12-08-2009, 05:36 PM
Good evening all, I just booked an estimate for tomorrow night for a full correction on a black 05 Dodge Magnum. I want to be as prepared as posible for this estimate. The perspective client is the house keeper of one of my best clients. I intend to do a test area on this car tomorrow and I will be prepared for nearly anything as this car is discribed as pretty scratched up.

The purpose of this thread is to ask the detailing community here for any experience/knowlege of this particular car. Is the clear hard or soft, is the paint on these cars known to be thin or do they seem to have a tough finish that will afford some serious correction. Are there any tips or warnings as to tricky to polish panels or unusually thin areas? Have any of you experienced any unseen pitfalls with this perticular car or this particular paint.

Thanks in advance for any insight or experience that any of you may share. I intend on using a rotary and Poorboy's World SSR line on this car, followed by a coat of PB EXP pure sealant and a coat of Natty's Blue paste wax.

Impressions
12-08-2009, 07:33 PM
dave, I'm in the process right now of 300C SRT-8 Black metallic paint, clear seems to me to be pretty soft, I'm usin 205 w/GGROP wCCS Orange and it looks like I'm getting better than 90% correction within 6 passes. I'm not sure how bad your car looks but this one lives in the car wash (brushes/shamois)......well not any more

Good luck

BTW...the panels are pretty straight forward...no problems, just the front bumper I'll switch to the smaller backing plate......you might want to watch the bumpers with a rotary especially the top edge

Nappers
12-08-2009, 10:02 PM
Obviously not the same car, but our '05 Dodge Neon (same company at least) has a hard as nails clear coat.

I finally was able to dial a nice process of M105/M205 on it and I finished with M66 prior to waxing.....

Not the same car but same year and company.....

tuscarora dave
12-08-2009, 10:11 PM
dave, I'm in the process right now of 300C SRT-8 Black metallic paint, clear seems to me to be pretty soft, I'm usin 205 w/GGROP wCCS Orange and it looks like I'm getting better than 90% correction within 6 passes. I'm not sure how bad your car looks but this one lives in the car wash (brushes/shamois)......well not any more

Good luck

BTW...the panels are pretty straight forward...no problems, just the front bumper I'll switch to the smaller backing plate......you might want to watch the bumpers with a rotary especially the top edge
Thanks for the reply I hope it turns out similar to what you discribe. I normally use my Cyclo on the bumpers or a slow Cyclo pad on the makita. Sounds like an easy job, I have a heated garage to work in and will have the car for a whole weekend. I will have a full array of polishes and pads with me.

tuscarora dave
12-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Obviously not the same car, but our '05 Dodge Neon (same company at least) has a hard as nails clear coat.

I finally was able to dial a nice process of M105/M205 on it and I finished with M66 prior to waxing.....

Not the same car but same year and company.....
Yeah i did an 05 patriotic blue PT Cruiser that was hard as nails, I wasn't fully prepared with that one but I am armed with much more product choices and same for pads this time. Thanks for the reply.