PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars ColorX / ScratchX

Darren F
10-05-2006, 04:21 PM
Anyone have any experience with Meguiars ColorX or ScratchX?

justin_murphy
10-05-2006, 05:49 PM
ColorX is alot like Megs #80 to me. ScratchX is more for a deep, single scratch. Both with work wonderfully. ColorX is the best store sold swirl remover out there. ScratchX will work too but there is some technique to it.

Darren F
10-05-2006, 05:53 PM
does ColorX remove the swirl or fill it?

BILL
10-05-2006, 05:58 PM
does ColorX remove the swirl or fill it?

FILL IT.........SOMEWHAT.....

ScottB
10-05-2006, 06:15 PM
ColorX clearly has some fillers. Never found ScratchX all that great on anything other than a moped I damaged in the Keys.

BILL
10-06-2006, 07:07 AM
ColorX clearly has some fillers. Never found ScratchX all that great on anything other than a moped I damaged in the Keys.

Same here...Scratch X was a disapointment....:(

Darren F
10-06-2006, 08:44 AM
the thing that is appealing about the ColorX and ScratchX is that they say they work if applied by hand...I am afraid to use the PC to remove swirls right now since I dont have that much experience with it just yet and my car is only a few months old

Totoland Mach
10-06-2006, 01:11 PM
I just finished using Color X on the Lamborghini Countach. It's a great product for older paint as it has some oils. It's also a very good single stage product.

Scratch X is best used for a small area that has a scratch, or in my case, I had some old bird dropping on the hood of my daily beater. It should be used by hand and takes some technique to make it work properly.

If you have a new vehicle, Color X will work fine, so will NXT or other Autogeek liquid products.

As far as being afraid to use the PC on a new vehicle, just try it on a panel first until you get the hang of it. It's really quite easy and requires patience and practice to do well.

Totoland Mach