PDA

View Full Version : Hose Nozzle Fetish

Pages : [1] 2

ScottB
04-02-2006, 10:06 AM
Deep down I must have a hose nozzle fetish, as I cannot stop looking at them and searching for the perfect one. I currently long for a Firemans nozzle that works properly and lasts more than a couple months. I have always wanted the Griots Version (pricing is ridiculous), I have had and relinquished the Bonaire Version, and find that the 5.00 Walmart special seems to work as well (although built like crud) in spray patterns (which isnt a compliment as they all seem to have 1 or 2 spray patterns that dont work properly or dribble) . Now I found this :

http://www.improvementscatalog.com/HanoverAssets/Improvements/product_images/hose-nozzle-293336zz.jpg

Has anyone tried this unit ?? Any advice ?? Do ALL the spray patterns work well and distinquished from the past pattern ??

I am also still searching for a rubber hose nozzle (believed to be called a water restriction nozzle) that will not hurt if you bump the finish and has to be pushed slightly to have water released. (seems like it might be good for final washing and sheeting water). This unit in about 3 inches in length and other than the brass end (where it attaches to hose), is all rubber and straight in length. Any help is appreciated also .

ScottB
04-02-2006, 06:27 PM
I found the other one due to a backsearch on another forum, seems its made by Lonn. Anyone try this one yet ??

http://www.enasco.com/prod/images/products/FC/VC117610.jpg

Meghan
04-03-2006, 10:55 AM
Deep down I must have a hose nozzle fetish, as I cannot stop looking at them and searching for the perfect one.

Scott any chance you wanted to be a firefighter growing up??:p I bet there is one or two Halloween pictures floating around with you in a Fireman's outfit!

Sleper
04-03-2006, 01:36 PM
I find there are lots out there that are plastic and so not seem to last expecially when dropped. I go through a couple a year from Wal Mart and Home Depot but I keep coming back to a old gun I have that seem to work best. Good luck. The one from Lonn looks like it would be very easy to make from a piece of hose?

ScottB
04-03-2006, 06:01 PM
Scott any chance you wanted to be a firefighter growing up??:p I bet there is one or two Halloween pictures floating around with you in a Fireman's outfit!

actually always wanted to be a cop .... explains my healthy collection of firearms. :eek: :eek: :eek:

John U
04-03-2006, 10:02 PM
The Lonn is a must have to "sheet" the water.

Love mine!
JU

Mr. Clean
04-03-2006, 10:55 PM
Deep down I must have a hose nozzle fetish, as I cannot stop looking at them and searching for the perfect one. ... I have had and relinquished the Bonaire Version, ...
Curious to know what about the Bonaire version left you wanting? I have one (not the stainless version) and love its rugged design. I'm bad about dropping my hose (intentionally) when in a hurry and never worry if the unit is going to not work when I pick it up again. Still interested in hearing your complaint(s).

joe.p
04-04-2006, 08:42 AM
I have the stainless steel bonaire and it dosen't produce much water flow at all.It may be due to the amount of water pressure supplied but my brass nozzle will shoot water over 50 ft .

ScottB
04-04-2006, 05:34 PM
Curious to know what about the Bonaire version left you wanting? I have one (not the stainless version) and love its rugged design. I'm bad about dropping my hose (intentionally) when in a hurry and never worry if the unit is going to not work when I pick it up again. Still interested in hearing your complaint(s).

Mine (Bonaire) is believed to be the heavier version and is a real bugger in weight. You are correct in that you can drop it a dozen times with not a scratch. That said a couple of my patterns (different settings) did not work all that well and about 6 months into ownership the center allen bolt somehow came out. I still have it and its on one of my other hoses (my home has 4 spigots) but I am always looking for something new anyways. In truth, I got the same exact results from a Walmart version for 5.00 on clearance (well it needed a little teflon tape on the threads). So for now ... I am on a hunt for a new nozzle. I am getting the Lonn and awaiting any word on the one in the first post before purchasing at 29.99.

Mr. Clean
04-05-2006, 12:22 AM
Mine (Bonaire) is believed to be the heavier version and is a real bugger in weight. You are correct in that you can drop it a dozen times with not a scratch. That said a couple of my patterns (different settings) did not work all that well and about 6 months into ownership the center allen bolt somehow came out. I still have it and its on one of my other hoses (my home has 4 spigots) but I am always looking for something new anyways. In truth, I got the same exact results from a Walmart version for 5.00 on clearance (well it needed a little teflon tape on the threads). So for now ... I am on a hunt for a new nozzle. I am getting the Lonn and awaiting any word on the one in the first post before purchasing at 29.99.
Mine (Bonaire) is over a year old and it's been dropped many more than a dozen times:o , and like a Timex it takes a licking and keeps on ticking ;)

FWIW, Re: the allen bolt...don't these things come with a lifetime warranty?

Keep us informed on your hunt. If you find a nozzle that is more ultimate than the "Ultimate Nozzle" I'll be interested. :)

emaxxman
06-24-2006, 12:48 AM
Deep down I must have a hose nozzle fetish, as I cannot stop looking at them and searching for the perfect one. I currently long for a Firemans nozzle that works properly and lasts more than a couple months. I have always wanted the Griots Version (pricing is ridiculous), I have had and relinquished the Bonaire Version, and find that the 5.00 Walmart special seems to work as well (although built like crud) in spray patterns (which isnt a compliment as they all seem to have 1 or 2 spray patterns that dont work properly or dribble) . Now I found this :

http://www.improvementscatalog.com/HanoverAssets/Improvements/product_images/hose-nozzle-293336zz.jpg

Has anyone tried this unit ?? Any advice ?? Do ALL the spray patterns work well and distinquished from the past pattern ??

I am also still searching for a rubber hose nozzle (believed to be called a water restriction nozzle) that will not hurt if you bump the finish and has to be pushed slightly to have water released. (seems like it might be good for final washing and sheeting water). This unit in about 3 inches in length and other than the brass end (where it attaches to hose), is all rubber and straight in length. Any help is appreciated also .

Killer,

Did you ever pick up this nozzle? I tried it out...it was $20 at Lowes. I don't know...I'm not sure if I have low water pressure, not enough pressure, or I'm just expecting something more than a fireman's nozzle can deliver.

I have some cheap nozzles and they deliver a ton of pressure...possibly because they are putting out less water but at higher pressures. The fireman's nozzle you linked to seams to deliver more water but at lower pressure. I did like the easy shut off lever and the nozzle is big and sturdy. I may return it..only tried it for about 5 minutes...not sure if I like it or not.

So if you got it, what do you think of it?

ScottB
06-24-2006, 09:44 AM
I never got the one pictured above, as could only find it in catalogs for that exact design. I have several other fireman nozzles but none is a gun design. I would suggest considering a Dramm shutvalve. It seems to help increase water pressure and I have had no problems since installing it, believe model is 300.

Reddwarf
06-24-2006, 10:08 PM
But Killr, I thought you used the foam gun? Does the foam gun allow you to rinse without the soap? Or is there still a need to use a spray nozzel?

I have a spray nozzel (gilmore?) I picked up a Lowes. Frairly basic but works okay. I don't have water pressure problems, thank goodness!

ScottB
06-24-2006, 10:20 PM
But Killr, I thought you used the foam gun? Does the foam gun allow you to rinse without the soap? Or is there still a need to use a spray nozzel?

I have a spray nozzel (gilmore?) I picked up a Lowes. Frairly basic but works okay. I don't have water pressure problems, thank goodness!

To late for pics ... so I will try to discuss my setup!

At the end of my hose (that sounds dirty) I have a Dramm shutoff value. I dont use the orange gun part of the foam gun, but I do have a quick release attached to the end of the foam gun where it connects to the gun originally. This works with the Dramm unit. I then have about 10 other nozzles, each with a quick release attached to them.

So I can use the water to run out of the Dramm unit for sheeting water, I can quickly attach my foam gun, and/or I can attach any nozzle like the pressure spray from driveway cleanup. I even have a quick release on my homes pressure washer.

http://homeharvest.com/homeharvest2000pics/drammbrassshutoff273.jpg
http://www.growerssolution.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/740.jpg

Reddwarf
06-24-2006, 10:28 PM
Sounds like a great setup. I like the idea of the dramm shut off value. I need that! I too have the quick release brass fittings.