PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Air Filter for ur Car or Truck

Pages : 1 [2]

Wax Gorilla
12-20-2009, 02:54 PM
Just changed them in all four cars this weekend. Regardless of the car be careful on how much you pay. There are some basic differences in quality but if you change it regularly (once a year) or if you live in a very dusty area once ever six months use the less expensive ones. Always try to find the Charcoal Activated as it will eliminate odors much better.

Example of my four Vehicle change:

If I had purchased them from the dealer they would of been $392 for all four not installed over the counter as parts. I was able to buy all four for $68 and if I hand gone on line and subtracted taxes and added shipping I could of saved another $7.00.

Remember Buy the least expensive CHARCAOL ACTIVATED one available for your car and change it on the intervals as stated above.

Finemess
12-20-2009, 03:22 PM
Y'all shamed me into buying one for the wifes CRV. 10 bucks off Ebay. Only 25,000 miles late.

Jenn1270
12-20-2009, 07:12 PM
Y'all shamed me into buying one for the wifes CRV. 10 bucks off Ebay. Only 25,000 miles late.

The nice thing about the CRVs is all you have to do is take out to clips that hold in the glove box and go. Unfortunately the 1st generation Pilots aren't so easy.

Finemess
12-20-2009, 07:15 PM
Hey Jenn, yes I found a vid. on Youtube.

cjornholmes
07-10-2011, 03:18 AM
Feed back please

Hi guys I just want to ask if anyone of you knows where I can buy a cabin air filter(the cheapest with good quality product) for my 2009 Toyota Corolla?:buffing: i think my cabin air filter (http://www.car-stuff.com/cabinairfilter.htm) needs a replacement and I want to fix it on my own. Thanks

BillE
07-10-2011, 06:43 AM
Try any of your local auto parts stores.

Just did a quickie Google...Fram CF10285... $25...my...space...bar...died.

Bill

embolism
07-10-2011, 08:38 AM
Changing cabin filter is one of those things everyone needs to do themselves. I don't want to pay $60 plus for the one in my car so I too buy a good 3M furnace filter, cut it to fit then use flow through paper tape (like they use in the hospital) to clean off any edges or tears. Store the leftovers in a corner and you can get at least 5 uses out of one $25 filter.

While it is relatively simple to change, you still need to read your manual to find out how to do it properly. My car for instance, requires the recirculation mode to be on, which raises a door in the glove box so you can access the filter door. I know of people who forced this access door, broke the mechanism, and now only have recirc mode available to them. To fix at the dealer is $800!

So it is a cheap part to replace yourself, if, like most things, you take the time to learn how to do it properly...

cmichael258
07-10-2011, 09:01 AM
Hi guys I just want to ask if anyone of you knows where I can buy a cabin air filter(the cheapest with good quality product) for my 2009 Toyota Corolla?

Check Wal-Mart. They have the Fram cabin filters with baking soda for about $17 (depending upon model).

Hoytman
07-10-2011, 09:19 AM
Anyone know if these have filters? I wonder where they are located in each vehicle and how hard they are to change?

-98 Regal
-05 Trailblazer
-96&2000 Merc Marquie

kb2ehj
07-10-2011, 09:30 AM
Anyone know if these have filters? I wonder where they are located in each vehicle and how hard they are to change?

-98 Regal
-05 Trailblazer
-96&2000 Merc Marquie

Did a google search on the Regal, yes it has one also info on how to change it was located.

Finemess
07-10-2011, 09:31 AM

-98 Regal
-05 Trailblazer
-96&2000 Merc Marquie
Google them and you should see if they have a filter, and most should show a Youtube video on how to do it. All my cars have had videos. Makes it very easy.

fancyfootwork
07-10-2011, 10:13 AM
Couple months ago I went to get my 15k service done, they told me I needed to replace it and it would "only" be $60. I declined, drove home and popped out the filter.. Was hardly dirty. I shook it out and it was basically new again.

As for HVAC filters, the smallest I have ever seen is a 10x10x1 pleated. The cabin air filter on my Impreza is about a 1/4" thick. Since I work in an HVAC warehouse I can get any filter for under $5. Im the MAN

pfix
07-10-2011, 11:41 AM
I picked mine up at Wallmart. They carry Fram cabin filters for the most common applications.

cjornholmes
07-11-2011, 11:19 PM
It is very advisable that you change your air filter after a long travel or in a specific interval, so that you can keep your car intake system clean... Keep your car healthy, keep our nature air-pollution free