PDA

View Full Version : Polisher replacement parts?

CharlesW
12-07-2009, 10:39 AM
Having recently read of some brush replacement problems with some polishers made me wonder. (These were not 20 year old machines which might be a problem to get parts for. They were fairly recent models.)

Is there a problem getting replacement parts for some polishers?

Some wear and maintenance is to be expected with any tool, but not being able to get parts for that repair and maintenance is not something I would expect.

Dwayne
12-07-2009, 11:52 AM
Having recently read of some brush replacement problems with some polishers made me wonder. (These were not 20 year old machines which might be a problem to get parts for. They were fairly recent models.)

Is there a problem getting replacement parts for some polishers?

Some wear and maintenance is to be expected with any tool, but not being able to get parts for that repair and maintenance is not something I would expect.

Griot's includes replacement brushes with their new polishers

I believe the new Meguiars G110 v2 does too, will double check

Flex has parts available through Powerhouse

Porter Cable has authorized service and parts centers all over the country

:props:

CharlesW
12-07-2009, 12:34 PM
Griot's includes replacement brushes with their new polishers

I believe the new Meguiars G110 v2 does too, will double check

Flex has parts available through Powerhouse

Porter Cable has authorized service and parts centers all over the country

:props:The machine that was referred to in the thread I saw was the Meguiar's G110. They did not refer to it as version 1 or 2. Just a guess, it was most likely the version 1.

Evidently I was mistaken in thinking that the Meguiar's polishers and the UDM machines were some version of the Porter-Cable units. I figured parts for anything made by Porter-Cable would be readily available.

Actually, I was/am more curious about future parts availability for the new Griot's DA.
The first reviews make it sound like quite a machine. After it is in use for a few months we will probably know more.

It seems like every new detailing product or tool gets raved about when it first hits the market, then several of them seem to just fade away.