PDA

View Full Version : Christmas early

JohnnyC
12-05-2009, 05:09 PM
Just got mt porter cable package delivered and could not be happier,that was until the snow started falling.Looks like it going to be a long winter:buffing:

jpegs13
12-05-2009, 05:14 PM
Just got mt porter cable package delivered and could not be happier,that was until the snow started falling.Looks like it going to be a long winter:buffing:

So bored today, did the counter tops in the kitchen with my Griots. At least the wife won't complain about me buying stuff anymore. I'll just tell her it's for the house.;)
( New York) rained all day, just changed to snow:awman:

JohnnyC
12-05-2009, 05:18 PM
So bored today, did the counter tops in the kitchen with my Griots. At least the wife won't complain about me buying stuff anymore. I'll just tell her it's for the house.;)
Great idea:props: I'm in north jersey and it's been snow all day about 4 inches:help:

Rebelranger
12-05-2009, 07:05 PM

Wow That is creative. Not trying to be funny but did you use products too? What kind of counter top?

DARK HORSE
12-05-2009, 09:02 PM
Here is a link to a support group that may be able to help with your problem...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/21761-do-i-need-aa.html

jpegs13
12-05-2009, 09:08 PM
Wow That is creative. Not trying to be funny but did you use products too? What kind of counter top?

Actually I did. I used DoDo Juice Lime Prime and a Lake Country white polishing pad.
I figured the Lime Prime because it had just a little abrasive in it. ( I did a test spot by the sink before doing the whole counter top area.) Total counter top area is about 250sf
The tops are granite. Wish I had done before and after pics. I'm going to do the vanity top in the kids bathroom next. I'll do before and afters on that one. Has all kinds of staining from toothpaste, make-up etc. and this is a marble top, so we'll see. Supposed to be another crummy day in NY, so if it is, I'll do it then.

DARK HORSE
12-05-2009, 09:20 PM
Actually I did. I used DoDo Juice Lime Prime and a Lake Country white polishing pad.
I figured the Lime Prime because it had just a little abrasive in it. ( I did a test spot by the sink before doing the whole counter top area.) Total counter top area is about 250sf
The tops are granite. Wish I had done before and after pics. I'm going to do the vanity top in the kids bathroom next. I'll do before and afters on that one. Has all kinds of staining from toothpaste, make-up etc. and this is a marble top, so we'll see. Supposed to be another crummy day in NY, so if it is, I'll do it then.

After reading the prior posts in this thread it got me thinking about the marble tile floor in my wifes bathroom. I just started another thread "Suggestions for buffing marble" I am glad to see that you to are thinking about tackling marble... Can't wait to see how it goes. Please post your results and keep me updated, as I am very interested.I have some Pinnacle Paint Cleansing Lotion, how do you think that would work? Do you think it would make a mess in the grout lines? I am a little nervous of screwing up her floor, she would not be happy with me if I did. Does the marble top you are thinking of tackling have grout lines in it?
Im the MAN

jpegs13
12-05-2009, 09:28 PM
After reading the prior posts in this thread it got me thinking about the marble tile floor in my wifes bathroom. I just started another thread "Suggestions for buffing marble" I am glad to see that you to are thinking about tackling marble... Can't wait to see how it goes. Please post your results and keep me updated, as I am very interested.I have some Pinnacle Paint Cleansing Lotion, how do you think that would work? Do you think it would make a mess in the grout lines? I am a little nervous of screwing up her floor, she would not be happy with me if I did. Does the marble top you are thinking of tackling have grout lines in it?
Im the MAN

No grout lines in the top. Grout could be tricky. I'll test a spot on the floor behind the toilet. The floor is marble, and if i screw it up it's only behind the toilet. Who's going to notice. Except me one drunken stupor night. I'll keep you posted. On the buffing, not the stupor
If the Pinnacle has abrasive in it it might work. Test a spot.