PDA

View Full Version : Commercial Bulk alternative to Hot Rims Chrome?

frosty
12-05-2009, 12:29 PM
Hello,

Working on a friends accord and the wheels are just so nasty. I've got several products and been trying Megs Super Degreaser & APC+ undiluted and just not working.

I had to get out a brillo pad to get the grime off a wheel. After 15 minutes on a wheel I remembered a neighbor had Hot Rims Chrome. I went and borrowed the bottle, did the rest of the wheels with the pressure washer and a little agitation in the corners.

Also the insides of the wheels are visible so I soaked them. They came clean with the pressure washer.

I understand that this contains some acid and I see Megs has Hot Rims For aluminum.

But my question is I like to buy in bulk. So I'm looking for a Professional product that is comparable to both. Preferrably a Meg's line as I'm trying to stick with them. Also, I'd prefer if you have experience with these two products and have found a good alternative you can buy in bulk.

Thanks

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
12-05-2009, 01:04 PM
if you are looking for a fast and easy alternative try Spray & Rinse ... it comes in bulk too ..gallons and 5 gallons :dblthumb2:

frosty
12-05-2009, 02:18 PM
if you are looking for a fast and easy alternative try Spray & Rinse ... it comes in bulk too ..gallons and 5 gallons :dblthumb2:

Thanks Pockets. I'll put it on my list to research. However, it looks quite expensive and wouldn't seem that cost effective. Comparing a gallon of it $39.99 to a gallon of Wheel Brightener, $14.99 in some places. (I haven't verified that Wheel Brightener is as effective as Hot Rims.)

Plus wouldn't be even as cost effective as buying Hot Rims in 24oz bottles.

I should have added to this looking for something that be cost effective as well. Why I'm looking for bulk as well as cost effective.

KrisMas
12-05-2009, 11:08 PM
I've used both HR and WB. WB cut 10:1 is worked about the same as HR. So you'd get 11 gal of HR for $14.99.

MikeyC
12-06-2009, 12:54 AM
I've used both HR and WB. WB cut 10:1 is worked about the same as HR. So you'd get 11 gal of HR for $14.99.
:iagree:

Depending on how far you dilute it WB can be much more effective than Hot Rims. I also find WB to be more powerful than Poorboy's Spray & Rinse (great wheel cleaner just not as strong). Just be careful with WB as it's a stong acid. You don't want to get it in cuts, inhale the mist, or get it in your eyes. Also, only use WB on wheels that are painted or chromed.

frosty
12-06-2009, 09:00 PM

WOW. 10:1 = HR Chrome? That's some strong stuff.

Going to put an order in for some of that unless there is some biodegradable product out there in the same price/effectiveness range.

I want a last resort product when somebody brings a car they washed two years ago but wants inside and out in 2 hours. I'm going to just spray on the best product I have and pressure wash and move on.

Thanks everyone.

MikeyC
12-06-2009, 09:22 PM
I usually dilute my WB to 3:1. If it doesn't come off after a couple of treatments of that and some scrubbing then it ain't coming off.

frosty
12-09-2009, 12:22 PM
Thanks. I ordered some Wheel Brightener as well as Some Optimum APC and P21S Wheel Cleaner Gel.

I'm hoping one of the later two will work as they appear to be a lot safer.