PDA

View Full Version : Creating my order..

Pages : [1] 2

01AUDI
12-02-2009, 03:21 PM
thanks to everyones great help I believe i am almost through and i am finishing up my order. I thought i would start a new thread to eliminate any confusion and finish this part up.

so far my process includes:

exterior:
Wash with Megs Gold Class Shampoo w/sheep mit
Use microfiber towel and p21 auto cleaner to clean wheels/tires
rinse wheels and dry with micro towel
waffle dry car body
clay car with Megs quick detailer
use new microfiber towel to gently wipe any residue
foam pad to apply Poor Boys Black Hole
gently buff
foam pad to apply Poor Boys PWS
gently buff out
use micrfiber towel to gently get any residue off

leather/inside:
10/1 Megs APC
Megs Gold class liquid leather conditioner

thoughts on the products or process?

LincolnZephyr2006
12-02-2009, 03:46 PM
What are you using to "buff" out? DA? Rotary?
Not really a fan of glazes sinze you will not be doing any paint correction..... but does not sound bad for a start...

01AUDI
12-02-2009, 03:48 PM
foam pad and my arms !

LincolnZephyr2006
12-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Oh, wow. You are putting quite a bit of elbow grease in there. I would consider a mahcine polisher of some sort... or maybe in your case, a DA polisher and some polishes to permanantley remove swirls instead of using a glaze to "hide" the imperfections. Just don't want you putting all that elbow grease in and starting another thread asking why your products did not work after it rained!

DLB
12-02-2009, 05:22 PM
Looks like you have it narrowed down pretty good. Go with it and tells us your results!

LincolnZephyr - He's been round and round on this process...you can catch up to him in his other thread here - ;
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/22077-car-detail-prep-what-buffer.html

DLB

sullysdetailing
12-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Looks like you have it narrowed down pretty good. Go with it and tells us your results!

LincolnZephyr - He's been round and round on this process...you can catch up to him in his other thread here - ;
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/22077-car-detail-prep-what-buffer.html

DLB
X2

01AUDI
12-02-2009, 05:45 PM
haha - i dont think anyone wants to open that conversation back up.. just tell me what i have looks good and i'll order it ! ha

tuscarora dave
12-02-2009, 06:01 PM
thanks to everyones great help I believe i am almost through and i am finishing up my order. I thought i would start a new thread to eliminate any confusion and finish this part up.

exterior:
waffle dry car body
gently buff
gently buff out

leather/inside:
10/1 Megs APC
Megs Gold class liquid leather conditioner

The PWS will remove the Black hole, This is Polish With Sealant. I think what you want is EXP it is a pure sealant, or EX which is a sealant with a bit of carnauba in it. Either will work but the EX will be easiest to work with. The EXP will Provide a tad bit more durability but is tougher to apply thin making it harder to remove.

tuscarora dave
12-02-2009, 06:09 PM
If you already placed your order just give Steve or Pockets a call or send him a PM this evening. I am sure he will be glad to switch the PWS out for some EXP or EX. The number there is 845-215-9700

Oh I guess you will be ordering that stuff from AG, They too will work with you in any way to keep you happy. Any of the sponsors here will. These are fantastic customer service oriented companies.

ScottB
12-02-2009, 07:05 PM
add some Dodo Wax ... Hard Candy perhaps. (smiling)

DLB
12-02-2009, 08:49 PM
The PWS will remove the Black hole, This is Polish With Sealant. I think what you want is EXP it is a pure sealant, or EX which is a sealant with a bit of carnauba in it. Either will work but the EX will be easiest to work with. The EXP will Provide a tad bit more durability but is tougher to apply thin making it harder to remove.
I didn't realize that - not overly familiar really with all the PBW polishes/sealants. Good call Dave.

DLB

dave_from_here
12-02-2009, 09:25 PM

exterior:
waffle dry car body
gently buff
gently buff out

Those are great prodcuts, I love the poorboy's stuff. But you should not use glaze prior to polish. PWS being sort of an AIO it will clean up your paint and protect it at the same time. Glaze is great when doing a multi-step process, not when using a AIO.

A polisher ( rotary or DA) would be a great investment as well. I have great respect for guys who achieve show car results by hand but I'm way too lazy to use anything else than my rotary. lol
:buffing:

tuscarora dave
12-02-2009, 10:30 PM
I didn't realize that - not overly familiar really with all the PBW polishes/sealants. Good call Dave.

DLB
They are my favorite product line I have nearly all his products. they do very nice things to a car.

01AUDI
12-07-2009, 01:42 PM
forgot to ask.. can i use these pads for applying the Black Hole and the EX (by hand)?
Lake country ccs applicators, wax applicator, sealant applicator (http://www.autogeek.net/red-ccs-applicators.html)

*edit*
I know they can be used by hand, but i know people are picky about applicator pads and for my red car using these products, does it matter or not ?

DLB
12-07-2009, 02:43 PM
Those would be fine...
Or you can use some of these:
Autogeek Foam Applicators 6 Pack, Red wax pads, hand wax, polish applicators (http://www.autogeek.net/autogeek-foam-pads-6.html)

I prefer the Wolfgang ones like that because they are orange...They are also available in Blue with the Pinnacle Logo.

DLB