PDA

View Full Version : Show wax

rjones4029
12-02-2009, 02:50 PM
I've got a couple of silly questions. I've seen the comments calling Souveran and Fuzion show or estate waxes but was wondering what that really means? I understand using it will produce a better look better look for show but does that mean it offers any less protection? Also, does it need to be applied differently? Just curious as I've never used either but just ordered the Souveran for a black TL.
I was going to put it on top of the 3.0 sealant.
thanks

ScottB
12-02-2009, 03:48 PM
Some lines like Zymol and Swissol (now Swissvax) called their unique waxes Estate Waxes. Kinda past thru I suppose ... they are really show waxes or high end boutique waxes. They often offer the best ingredients and are primarily about good looks. Some offer light nuiances and can be quite different in pricing. Does a $2000 Estate Wax really look better than Souveran, or could it be the cost dictating the allegiance to that pricer option ???

I will tell you most if not all are pure waxes , with no cleaners or polishes in them. So you must properly prep the finish first. Also some need quite a bit of patience to apply and remove, not so with Souveran and Fuzion. I doubt you will ever find an easier application and removal. They are even quite forgiving when over applied. But as with all waxes more is likely just wasted product.

trhland
12-02-2009, 04:59 PM
very true .iown swissvax and souveran and they both look great .i use swissvax when i want alittle more durability . other then that iuse souveran a ton . love the stuff !!!!