PDA

View Full Version : Overkill to apply spray wax every week?

WRAPT C5Z06
12-02-2009, 02:26 PM
Could you get too much buildup from applying a spray wax after weekly car washes? Maybe it's better to use a QD?

ScottB
12-02-2009, 03:53 PM
I know we spoke thru PM on sprays and my personal thought on differences between quick detailers, detail sprays, and spray waxes (boosters). I would suggest that for weekly use between your favorite wax or sealant, all thats needed is a good detail spray.

Try Optimum Gloss Enhancer, Poorboys Spray/Gloss, FK425, or FK146. They all can be applied damp or dry and add enough lubrication to avoid swirls. They all look great also.

christian900se
12-02-2009, 04:13 PM
You can never apply too much haha. But it may be overkill and as Killr said, a QD will revive your current layer of protection while leaving a finish equal to that of a fresh layer of wax. I love FK 425, Gloss Enhancer, and XMT final finish.

sullysdetailing
12-02-2009, 04:52 PM
I use Rinseless Wash and Gloss from DP as my QD everyday and once a week I use a spray wax like Pinnacle Crystal Mist or Lucas Oil Slick Mist every week. I haven't waxed my truck in about 4 months not and it still looks great. I in process of correcting my truck not for a car show this weekend. Hopefully I can pick up a few customers

trhland
12-02-2009, 06:16 PM
i go through gallons ofq/iuse it every wash......

ScottB
12-02-2009, 07:04 PM
I use Rinseless Wash and Gloss from DP as my QD everyday and once a week I use a spray wax like Pinnacle Crystal Mist or Lucas Oil Slick Mist every week. I haven't waxed my truck in about 4 months not and it still looks great. I in process of correcting my truck not for a car show this weekend. Hopefully I can pick up a few customers

I kinda glad Shawn brought this up .... with most detail sprays and spray wax/sealant or booster type products are we getting to the point where a traditional layer of sealant or wax is even necessary. If using these products weekly/biweekly isnt that likely just as good a placing a coat of XYZ and just washing weekly for next 5-8 weeks before reapplying ???

VISITOR
12-02-2009, 08:15 PM
you could always alternate between a QD and spray wax every week...

Rsurfer
12-02-2009, 08:21 PM
you could always alternate between a QD and spray wax every week...
:xyxthumbs:that's what I do, but every day.:buffing: