PDA

View Full Version : Spraymaster spray bottles

astrogus
12-02-2009, 11:00 AM
I was reading the posts & reviews about these bottles, so i decided to pick one up to use for my Megs wheel brightner sprayer. Is there a trick to these bottles? lol some sort of special priming or something i dont know about? Because i returned the first one i bought to Home Depot because it stopped spraying after the first use, i figured i got a bad sprayer. But then the 2nd bottles is doing the same thing, i have gone back to my chepo sams club bottles with better results. I mean all i did was fill the bottle with wheel brightner, pumped the sprayer it sprayed good, put it in my van with the rest of my sprayers, then when i went to use it nothing is spraying out. Any ideas?Feed back please

DLB
12-02-2009, 11:04 AM
Hmmm...My cheapo Sam's bottles do that to me.
I did just put some PB Spray & Rinse wheel cleaner in a Spraymaster bottle because it had killed every other sprayer I tried with it. I hope that I don't have this issue with it now.

DLB

Impressions
12-02-2009, 11:20 AM
I haven't had any problems with mine yet HD Spraymaster
I reuse some of my Megs spray bottles...they never seem to fail

ScottB
12-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Is the tube that goes to the sprayer installed correctly, sometimes I notice that a little push seals it up.

jlb85
12-02-2009, 11:46 AM
I've found that the old grey/silver HD bottles work good, but the newer versions with a more "contoured" trigger are not as good. The sprayer seems more flimsy and I've had to return two for the exact same reasons as the OP. So now when I walk through Home Depot I always see if they have one or two old inventory sprayers hanging on the rack. Don't even bother with the cheaper orange and translucent ones.

This is what the old style trigger bottles look like, straight from the HD site:
http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/300/04/041ca9e3-5fac-4da6-9e25-2f1f9e65f52d_300.jpg

This is what the new SprayMaster bottles look like, from Autogeek:
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2083_28453859

The problem with these sprayers is that they are expensive! At almost $6 (even at Home Depot), they are unreasonable for anything other than Wheel Brightener. Also, sharpies magic markers do not seem to write very well on them.

The Meguiar's bottles and the generic white or black bottles sold on Autogeek are a better option IMO. First, the Meg's bottles are already marked off for dilution, are color coded, and much better than a generic Home Depot bottle. They work better too! I prefer their spray pattern and adjustability to the SprayMaster ones. I also use the AGO black generic sprayer bottles (especially the 16 oz ones) for things like quick detailer and interior cleaners. They look very cool! But you will need to write on them with a paint marker of use a tag or sticker (since they are black - sharpie will not be visible). I wish I could have my whole collection in black bottles - but that would mean having to clean each one up more frequently, and make stickers (more $).

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2081_39535060

Both the Megs and the generic bottles are cheaper than the SprayMaster ones too!