PDA

View Full Version : Wax recommendation?

Pages : [1] 2

CEE DOG
11-30-2009, 09:58 PM
I have been convinced I should start putting a wax over my Sealant (Ultima Paint Guard Plus). I am open to suggestions. It's a Red Saturn Sky. I have one in mind but don't want to taint the responses.

Priorities - Beauty and protection
Price point - Around 30$ if possible

Suggestions please?

Feed back please

Btw: I read somebody mention Souveran is sometimes at half price. Is that true and how often does that happen if so?

hondajake
11-30-2009, 10:07 PM
Collinite?

TroyScherer
11-30-2009, 10:07 PM
Right now I'm in love with the gloss and durability of Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax #845. It looks great on my vehicles. JMO :xyxthumbs:

PAR Detailing
11-30-2009, 10:23 PM
I think Nattys Red makes a car look really nice, durability isnt there but I wax so often it doesnt matter. I just bought Maxwax but It hasnt come in yet so maybe that is better. Give me about a week adn I can let you know haha

Rebelranger
11-30-2009, 10:29 PM
I'm about to do exactly this over my UPGP... I was advised to try P21s.

DARK HORSE
11-30-2009, 10:58 PM
I have been convinced I should start putting a wax over my Sealant (Ultima Paint Guard Plus). I am open to suggestions. It's a Red Saturn Sky. I have one in mind but don't want to taint the responses.

Priorities - Beauty and protection
Price point - Around 30$ if possible

Suggestions please?

Feed back please

Btw: I read somebody mention Souveran is sometimes at half price. Is that true and how often does that happen if so?

Souveran is on the BOGO right now!!! Pull the trigger you'll be glad you did. It's awesome on red, stunning on black. Souveran...it's like candy for your car...Nummy! (I'm sure if you don't want to spend $95.00/2 you can find someone to split the deal with you).

CEE DOG
11-30-2009, 11:01 PM
I would be more than happy to split the deal if anybody is up for that. Does AG assist in that and charge us each?

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions so far!

Rebelranger
12-01-2009, 12:22 AM
I would be more than happy to split the deal if anybody is up for that. Does AG assist in that and charge us each?

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions so far!
Me too if it's possible!!!

2011wahoo
12-01-2009, 01:08 AM
Fuzion is $100 for the next 24 hours, with the free refill that makes it a $50 wax.

dave_from_here
12-01-2009, 06:59 AM
I think Nattys Red makes a car look really nice, durability isnt there but I wax so often it doesnt matter.
:iagree:

sullysdetailing
12-01-2009, 09:26 AM
I would go with Souveran Paste. It will really make the red glow. Also Fuzion looks great on red cars. I love them both so it is hard for me to pick a winner

frosty
12-01-2009, 10:18 AM
shawn,

What would you recommend for a black car? I ordered both of these waxes. I have a black car I'm working on the swirls of the evenings and I want it to look like water.

Also, I like sealing my cars now for the added protection. I've been using Wolfgang Deep Gloss 3.0. Has anybody tested this and is it a waste of time putting either of these waxes on top of the Wolgang or can you get a noticeable difference with a either wax on top of it?

Thanks

ScottB
12-01-2009, 10:28 AM
with the Cyber Tuesday deal on Fuzion ... the answer is right in front of you, but dont delay.

frosty
12-01-2009, 10:34 AM
with the Cyber Tuesday deal on Fuzion ... the answer is right in front of you, but dont delay.

I haven't delayed. That's the problem, I haven't delayed on anything on sale the past two weeks!!!!

Have a car I think I'm going to sale and move on to something else. Just trying to decide what combination or product(s) will give me the best chance at a better than showroom shine. It has WG DG 3.0 on it now and looks good but I wasn't satisfied with the remaining swirls so I'm going over it again.

Just trying to figure out a combination to go with in hopes of giving it a better than show room shine.

PAR Detailing
12-01-2009, 10:44 AM
Have a car I think I'm going to sale and move on to something else. Just trying to decide what combination or product(s) will give me the best chance at a better than showroom shine. It has WG DG 3.0 on it now and looks good but I wasn't satisfied with the remaining swirls so I'm going over it again.

Just trying to figure out a combination to go with in hopes of giving it a better than show room shine.

A wax over the sealant may help but if you are trying to achieve a showroom shine then you may need to polish her first then seal then wax.
Just my 2cents
peace
Jon