PDA

View Full Version : ShMITT is here!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Meghan
10-04-2006, 11:29 AM
Everyone was asking for it so here you go.... the ShMITT Wash mitt and the ShMITT Wheel Mitt!
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/autogeek_1918_56866239
http://www.autogeek.net/shmitt.html

MikeyC
10-04-2006, 11:36 AM
:applause: I'm definitely including one in my next order!! :awesome: :righton:

P1et
10-04-2006, 11:58 AM
Awesome!!! This is exactly what I've been looking for. Now I can replace my 99c Wal*Mart sponges and step up to the big leagues!

Paulie Walnuts
10-04-2006, 01:11 PM
I dont feel comfortable with this product. It seems like its just two foam pads glued together. I couldnt imagine taking a white pad and rubbing it on dirty paint. Were do the dirt particles go? With a sheep skin mit the can move down in the knap. Going to hold off on this one.

abrcrombe
10-04-2006, 03:01 PM
My wash mitt is like the only thing holding me back, and this is one at a good price... I'll think about it.

ScottB
10-04-2006, 07:46 PM
the original one Jason sent me sure looks different. Same color ...

articsilber323
10-04-2006, 08:01 PM
I dont feel comfortable with this product. It seems like its just two foam pads glued together. I couldnt imagine taking a white pad and rubbing it on dirty paint. Were do the dirt particles go? With a sheep skin mit the can move down in the knap. Going to hold off on this one.

+1 i would like to know also

Reddwarf
10-04-2006, 08:54 PM
+1 i would like to know also

Do a search for the review that Justin wrote. He explains all about this new product.

The Edge
10-04-2006, 09:54 PM

Its funny, its just that exact reason that we developed this product. All the fiber type wash mitts do get the dirt into the nap where it becomes entangled in the mesh of hairs and does not rinse out from the mitt. Each time you use the hairy mitts the hairs lay down more and more, get more and more entangled or as one users said "dreadlocked" and become full of dirt and debris that "can move down in the knap". Notice that each time you use the fiber wash mitts the texture continues to become coarser and coarser. With the ShMiTT the suface texture never changes, even after more than 50 washes!! It's the waffle texture that allows the dirt to get knocked off by the tips and then move into the channels where it can drain out of the mitt. The foam is the softest type of foam known and will never scratch a surface. In fact it is made from our highest quality ultra fine high speed finishing foam that is made to last at 2000+ RPMs on a buffer. By hand not only will it not scratch, but it will outlast any hairy wash mitt which will leave tufts of hair ripped out on the wipers and lettering. Our Foam ShMiTT is also always cushioning and does not impart direct pressure on the paint the way the hairy mitts do once they become wet and the hairs all lay down. You also will love to put your hand into this Mitt because it does not feel like a wet moldy bag on your hand. The ShMiTT fits a hand like a glove and gives you total control to wash every crack and corner since it has an Edge all the way around. I think many of the nay sayers will be surprised to hear the reviews as they come in.

Excessive Detail
10-04-2006, 10:34 PM
Its funny, its just that exact reason that we developed this product. All the fiber type wash mitts do get the dirt into the nap where it becomes entangled in the mesh of hairs and does not rinse out from the mitt. Each time you use the hairy mitts the hairs lay down more and more, get more and more entangled or as one users said "dreadlocked" and become full of dirt and debris that "can move down in the knap". Notice that each time you use the fiber wash mitts the texture continues to become coarser and coarser. With the ShMiTT the suface texture never changes, even after more than 50 washes!! It's the waffle texture that allows the dirt to get knocked off by the tips and then move into the channels where it can drain out of the mitt. The foam is the softest type of foam known and will never scratch a surface. In fact it is made from our highest quality ultra fine high speed finishing foam that is made to last at 2000+ RPMs on a buffer. By hand not only will it not scratch, but it will outlast any hairy wash mitt which will leave tufts of hair ripped out on the wipers and lettering. Our Foam ShMiTT is also always cushioning and does not impart direct pressure on the paint the way the hairy mitts do once they become wet and the hairs all lay down. You also will love to put your hand into this Mitt because it does not feel like a wet moldy bag on your hand. The ShMiTT fits a hand like a glove and gives you total control to wash every crack and corner since it has an Edge all the way around. I think many of the nay sayers will be surprised to hear the reviews as they come in.

Does it hold a lot of suds, thats what i love about my sheep skins and cobra bone, but I'm always willing to try new things, while I talking to you, I was wondering how many call or e-mails have yall had about the edge pads tearing. My white pad and my orange pad both tore close to the center, and the worst was my white pad that took paint of my side view, I think it was my fault, it was on a corner and I had some pressure to it, but I didn't think that it could happen, not complain, edge pads are the best I ever used and I will continue to use them, I just wanted to see what your thoughts might be.

Paulie Walnuts
10-04-2006, 10:54 PM
Its funny, its just that exact reason that we developed this product. All the fiber type wash mitts do get the dirt into the nap where it becomes entangled in the mesh of hairs and does not rinse out from the mitt. Each time you use the hairy mitts the hairs lay down more and more, get more and more entangled or as one users said "dreadlocked" and become full of dirt and debris that "can move down in the knap". Notice that each time you use the fiber wash mitts the texture continues to become coarser and coarser. With the ShMiTT the suface texture never changes, even after more than 50 washes!! It's the waffle texture that allows the dirt to get knocked off by the tips and then move into the channels where it can drain out of the mitt. The foam is the softest type of foam known and will never scratch a surface. In fact it is made from our highest quality ultra fine high speed finishing foam that is made to last at 2000+ RPMs on a buffer. By hand not only will it not scratch, but it will outlast any hairy wash mitt which will leave tufts of hair ripped out on the wipers and lettering. Our Foam ShMiTT is also always cushioning and does not impart direct pressure on the paint the way the hairy mitts do once they become wet and the hairs all lay down. You also will love to put your hand into this Mitt because it does not feel like a wet moldy bag on your hand. The ShMiTT fits a hand like a glove and gives you total control to wash every crack and corner since it has an Edge all the way around. I think many of the nay sayers will be surprised to hear the reviews as they come in.Please dont get me wrong, it was not my intention to mock or scoff at your product my good man. I was just expressing my own doubts based on the detailing knowledge that I have acquired over the last five years. After reading your post it makes me feel more comfortable with the product but I am not still fully sold.

I will say that it certainly does peak my curiosity, I wish I knew someone to test one before spending the money on it and the shipping from Autogeek. Someone buy one and mail it around so we can all try it!

On another note, TheEdge, would you mind if I send you some PMs or posted some questions about your pad system? I do not know much about it now but much like this particular product, they have intrequied me. And if it will let me get rid of backing plates .

sparkie
10-05-2006, 04:01 AM
I have large hands. Will it fit my hands comfortably.

alban61
10-05-2006, 05:03 AM
Maybe a dumb question, but would it be OK to use with a rinseless wash like DP 4-in-1?

justin_murphy
10-05-2006, 05:50 AM
I did a review of the ShMitt about 2 weeks ago.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2061
The dirt runs down through the waffle areas. This thing works. I have used my original one on over 60+ cars now half being black!
When using the two buckets, it rinses cleaner than anything I've ever used. I'm 6-3 and have large hands. Fits mine perfectly. It has never fell off my hand either. It holds more suds than just water. Believe me, you can not go wrong trying this product out.

Meghan
10-05-2006, 06:45 AM
I did a review of the ShMitt about 2 weeks ago.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2061
The dirt runs down through the waffle areas. This thing works. I have used my original one on over 60+ cars now half being black!
When using the two buckets, it rinses cleaner than anything I've ever used. I'm 6-3 and have large hands. Fits mine perfectly. It has never fell off my hand either. It holds more suds than just water. Believe me, you can not go wrong trying this product out.
As Justin said he has posted a great review, no need to knock a product you havent tried. Justin is always kind enough to post great reviews and one thing we can always count on is his honesty. I think if you read his reviews it can better help you make an educated purchase or not to make one, no one is pushing the product, just reviewing it..... isnt that what everyone wants...someone else to purchase and try it first.... that is one of the reasons this forum is here.
Justin thank you for always sharing with us, you do a great job, only wished you lived closer so we could hire you!!!:p