Article on Engine Detailing-

http://autogeekonline.net/blog/

http://www.auto-geek.net/blog/EngineOverlay.gif

wytstang
10-04-2006, 03:34 PM
Good article

Bochte
10-04-2006, 05:57 PM
Informative article. Something I've never done is detail the engine. Always been afraid I was going to ruin something on the engine. I guess I shouldn't worry that much as long as I cover up the important electrical components.

BILL
10-04-2006, 06:08 PM
Informative article. Something I've never done is detail the engine. Always been afraid I was going to ruin something on the engine. I guess I shouldn't worry that much as long as I cover up the important electrical components.

Once you have a clean detaied engine you'll never go back to a dirty engine....to me??? its just as important as your glass......:)

ScottB
10-04-2006, 07:39 PM
I was starting to think Jason disappeared ....

OCDetails
10-04-2006, 09:05 PM
As long as you remember that it is an engine and not a fire then you are ok. The engine won't melt if it gets wet, but it really wasn't meant to be flooded.

Kelso
10-04-2006, 09:15 PM
you just gotta remember like it says that if water is harmful to the engine it would be sealed off.most electronics shouldnt get wet but have protective cases on them to prevent damage. also dont spray the air filter... other than that your pretty much ok...

Torsion Tool
10-05-2006, 02:16 PM
It's a safety issue, too. If, heaven forbid, you were to damage the bay in an accident there is the possibility of residual oil & grease deposits igniting or smouldering. These are next to impossible to eliminate with one small fire extinguisher. A clean compartment also helps the engine run more efficiently. There's just not much room in late model vehicles (ask a mechanic), and already tight tolerances retain more heat when surfaces are coated or encrusted with normal blowoff. This is more of a problem with older engines, but not exclusively. It also helps to spot potential problems (cracked hoses, leaking heads, frayed insulation, loose pump brackets...) before catastrophic failure at inopportune moments. I consider this a necessary separate item for any comprehensive detail.