PDA

View Full Version : Souverän Shelf life

rjones4029
11-28-2009, 07:58 AM
I see AG has a great deal on Souveran but was wondering about the shelf life? I only have one black car and it would take forever to use 2 jars of the stuff. How is it on white cars?
thanks

Blackfire
11-28-2009, 08:54 AM
That's one reason that half off one is a better deal than 2 for 1.

Makes more sense for the customer and AG.

ScottB
11-28-2009, 08:56 AM
I have a jar of Pinnacle Paste Glaz (formula prior to Sig Series) and its still like new. It over 5 years old. I attribute it to the dark canister, the lid Pinnacle uses that seems to include a seal, and keeping it out of direct heat and cold. I think you will be fine !

Its nice of white, but because its a show car wax you need to prep surface first for best results. Use a paint cleansing lotion or polish. Its quite wet look on all colors but really stands out on blacks, reds, and yellows. After using it you'll be amazed that people spend 100's of dollars on other Estate Waxes for the same look.

frosty
11-28-2009, 09:13 AM
Will it also depend on where you store it. I was reading the labels on some of my polishes and they say store above 50 or 60 degrees. Can't recall, so I moved all my polishes, waxes and sealants inside. Well for now until my wife finds out I "cleared" two of her closet shelves. :bash:

My hope is storing them in a temperature controlled environment where they aren't experiencing the dramatic temp changes will hopefully extend the life.

CEE DOG
11-28-2009, 11:10 AM
Will it also depend on where you store it. I was reading the labels on some of my polishes and they say store above 50 or 60 degrees. Can't recall, so I moved all my polishes, waxes and sealants inside. Well for now until my wife finds out I "cleared" two of her closet shelves. :bash:

My hope is storing them in a temperature controlled environment where they aren't experiencing the dramatic temp changes will hopefully extend the life.

It will definetly extend the life... by a lot.

Meghan
11-28-2009, 12:41 PM
It will last longer then the car as long as you keep it out of extremes! No real hot, no real cold, inside the house is the safest place.

belcherm58
11-28-2009, 01:43 PM
I have 2 jars that are 4 years old. Kept inside house and out of the extreme temps. Not a sign of aging.

supercharged
11-29-2009, 03:23 AM
a have a jar of Paste Glaz as well, had it for a while, I think it can last 5+ years it stored properly.

oldmodman
12-01-2009, 02:42 AM
I bought a small "college dorm" fridge and keep it in the garage with my supplies in it.
At it's highest temp setting it is at 49 degrees. Close enough. And all the product containers are in zip lock bags with all the air sucked out. Had to go this method since it can get up to 130 degrees in the garage in the summer.

Meghan
12-01-2009, 11:01 AM
I bought a small "college dorm" fridge and keep it in the garage with my supplies in it.
At it's highest temp setting it is at 49 degrees. Close enough. And all the product containers are in zip lock bags with all the air sucked out. Had to go this method since it can get up to 130 degrees in the garage in the summer.

A fridge for your waxes!!!:dblthumb2: First time I have heard of this, very nice!

sknight1
12-01-2009, 12:06 PM
So it it just waxes that are recommended to be stored indoors? In other words, should sealants, clay lubricants, QDs, etc., etc. also be stored indoors? Currently I have everything sitting on a shelf in my garage, but the garage does get quite cold in the winter (I live in Ohio).

CEE DOG
12-01-2009, 08:07 PM
So it it just waxes that are recommended to be stored indoors? In other words, should sealants, clay lubricants, QDs, etc., etc. also be stored indoors? Currently I have everything sitting on a shelf in my garage, but the garage does get quite cold in the winter (I live in Ohio).

Store everything inside if you can. Temperature changes will age the products. Heat will age the products. Cold will age a lot of the products

67Customs
12-01-2009, 09:19 PM
I bought two and sold one.