PDA

View Full Version : DGPS 3.0 or UPGP

Pages : [1] 2

Rebelranger
11-27-2009, 08:11 PM
I'm about to begin my project of machine perfecting the shine on my 07' Black-(Ultraviolet metallic specs) Maxima, greenish Blue 08' Tahoe and 10' Black A8L and have a few questions.

First: How do you know if you have hard or soft paint? Not sure how that is determined?

Second: Which is a better sealant that provides great protection and a stunning shine --Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 or UPGP? I have the both products but am using the Wolfgang TSR 3.0 and their FG 3.0 for correction. I was thinking that I'd use the UPGP on my Tahoe and the DGPS on my Audi and Maxima???

Rsurfer
11-27-2009, 10:41 PM
I'm about to begin my project of machine perfecting the shine on my 07' Black-(Ultraviolet metallic specs) Maxima, greenish Blue 08' Tahoe and 10' Black A8L and have a few questions.

First: How do you know if you have hard or soft paint? Not sure how that is determined?

Second: Which is a better sealant that provides great protection and a stunning shine --Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 or UPGP? I have the both products but am using the Wolfgang TSR 3.0 and their FG 3.0 for correction. I was thinking that I'd use the UPGP on my Tahoe and the DGPS on my Audi and Maxima???

This is a general rule and does not apply to all years: Nissan=soft paint..GMC=Med hard..Audi=Hard paint.
Both sealants are very good. UPGP is a little easier cause it's a wipe on walk away vrs. 3.0 which needs to be wiped. They both will last about the same. Try it both and see what you like best.

ASPHALT ROCKET
11-27-2009, 10:46 PM
listen to dad(RSurfer), he has these two sealants down. :props:

Rebelranger
11-27-2009, 11:08 PM
This is a general rule and does not apply to all years: Nissan=soft paint..GMC=Med hard..Audi=Hard paint.
Both sealants are very good. UPGP is a little easier cause it's a wipe on walk away vrs. 3.0 which needs to be wiped. They both will last about the same. Try it both and see what you like best.

Great Rsurfer! Always appreciate your thoughts and direction.

The part about the paint will more than likely make sense once I start this project. Working with the Maxima first I should be able to see soft versus hard paint as I move upward to the A8...

Rebelranger
11-27-2009, 11:08 PM
Yep Dad Knows Best! :iagree::dblthumb2:

supercharged
11-28-2009, 01:19 AM
if it's a flat black paint - UPP, if it's metallic paintwork - Wolfgang.

DARK HORSE
11-28-2009, 01:44 AM

Dad always knows best!!

Rebelranger
11-28-2009, 01:59 AM
if it's a flat black paint - UPP, if it's metallic paintwork - Wolfgang.

Cool thanks! What about my greenish Blue 08' Tahoe it has slight metallic...

Rsurfer
11-28-2009, 02:36 AM
Cool thanks! WHat about my greenish Blue 08' Tahoe it has slight metallic...
If you want the metalic to pop, go with Pinnacle Sig II, or Max Wax and skip the sealants.:buffing:

Rebelranger
11-28-2009, 02:49 AM
I See Thanks Rsurfer. I'll give one of them a try! It's times like this where I've learned so much that I wish I had a local Autogeek outlet nearby-so i don't have to wait for shipping.

daveo
11-28-2009, 08:01 AM
If you go with the UPGP just make sure to go on thin with it, if not you will get streaking.

Laura
11-28-2009, 08:27 AM
I'm about to begin my project of machine perfecting the shine on my 07' Black-(Ultraviolet metallic specs) Maxima, greenish Blue 08' Tahoe and 10' Black A8L

Post some pics and tell us how it went when your done :props:

AeroCleanse
11-28-2009, 11:35 AM
If you go with the UPGP just make sure to go on thin with it, if not you will get streaking.

If you let it dry, the streaks go away, at least 12hrs.

Rebelranger
11-28-2009, 11:48 AM

Yep I used UPGP before and it needs a thin layer. And has to cure for more than 12 hours between coats.
I liked the results before but had not properly prepared my paint.

I have both the flex and the new Griot's DA (gift from the wife along with Permission to use the garage!!!) to work with. I'll start with the Maxima (less risk as it will be sold in February) and by the time I fet to the A8 I should have somewhat of a technique and more muscles!!!!

I will post pics as I would like to review my experience with the machines and products..I have several Griot's products that came with the machine which I will at least give a try on the Maxima and use the top shelf stuff for the Tahoe and A8.

ricka
11-28-2009, 09:29 PM
dpgs= a warmer, carnuba like glow. upgs=glossier sealant look.
dpgs= a slicker surface and is less finicky for first time users
upgs= a learning curve. but once learned, takes much less time to apply since there's no removal. but i usually follow up with a light qd wipe after the 12 hr cure.
upgs= a better price per application. a 4 oz bottle will last you a looooong time.

however i do use and like both. just depends what mood i'm in that day