PDA

View Full Version : Garage Floor Sealants

Pages : [1] 2

TURBO
03-03-2006, 08:46 PM
Anyone have any first hand experience with Cement Garage Floor Sealants - What's worked great? - What hasn't?

GearHead_1
03-03-2006, 09:06 PM
I'm not sure if you're considering some of the higher end epoxies but I put down 1600+ sq. ft. of UCoatIt last fall and have been completely satisfied.

I put down 2 coats of their UV resistant clear coats to finish it off. It's very easy to clean and not a nick after 6 months.

Some may not consider this a sealer and maybe you are referring to a true concrete sealer. I've had some experience with these also but the ones I've used weren't a very positve experience for me.

I can refer you to a board with some pictures of the UCoatIt in my garage if this interests you. Just PM me.

John U
03-04-2006, 01:03 AM
Here's a link to keep you busy!

http://www.garagejunkies.net/

Later,
JU

killerfox
03-04-2006, 01:44 AM
The type of sealant used really depends on your floor surface. The epoxy paints only last on rough surfaces. On smooth surfaces, what I have, you need a true sealant not a paint. I have a sealant from VSEAL. I used their industrial sealer, the same stuff that is used on HomeDepot and BJ's floors.

http://www.vseal.com/Industra-seal/Industra-seal.php

TURBO
03-04-2006, 08:58 AM
GearHead_1 - PM sent - Thanks.

John U - Can't believe that a Forum exists for Garage Junkies! - That's amazing. The internet is a strange beast. - Thanks for the link.

Killerfox - My surface is @12 years old and I guess I'd call it semi-smooth. It is starting to give off a small amount of cement dust. Nothing serious, but I want to keep it down and make the surface smooth (for cleanup) and resistant to spills, etc. VSEAL may be an answer. - Thanks

GearHead_1
03-04-2006, 09:32 AM
Here's a link to keep you busy!

http://www.garagejunkies.net/

Later,
JU

Yeah, GarageJunkies! One of my daily haunts.:rolleyes:

Matt
03-04-2006, 10:15 AM
Hmm....I need to watch this thread. I've pretty much destroyed the paint on my garage floor...between disconnecting the fuel rails to remove the intake manifold, and R&Ring my fuel pump and fuel filter, gasoline has done quite a number on it! Rolling the jack around doesn't help either. :eek:

GearHead_1
03-04-2006, 12:14 PM
Hmm....I need to watch this thread. I've pretty much destroyed the paint on my garage floor...between disconnecting the fuel rails to remove the intake manifold, and R&Ring my fuel pump and fuel filter, gasoline has done quite a number on it! Rolling the jack around doesn't help either. :eek:

If you take a look at some of the MSD sheets of the different epoxies some of them tell you how long their product is resistant to different types of fluids. The UCoatIt product has stated resistance periods for all of the fluids you will find in an automotive enviornment. I was actually quite surprised in a very positive way.

MasterShineBoy
03-07-2006, 02:04 AM
Matt,

Next time find one that's chemical resistant, it will work much better for you.

Matt
03-08-2006, 11:30 AM
Matt,

Next time find one that's chemical resistant, it will work much better for you.

Yeah, I will surely use something durable when I re-do it. The paint on there now is the paint the builders used when the house was built.

John U
03-10-2006, 02:23 AM
Here's another site on garages if you're getting bored with the first one!! :D

http://www.ultimategarage.com/Ultgar2y.htm

One link is not working that showed an under-the-home garage featuring a "lazy susan" turntable to swing the cars around......it was an unreal garage for an unreal home!

Later,
JU

MasterShineBoy
03-10-2006, 03:29 AM
Wow!!! I need a garage like those ones!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:: eek::eek:

TURBO
03-11-2006, 06:04 AM
Keep the Garage - I'll take the Ferrari. :D

98bmw323is
03-12-2006, 01:05 AM
any1 know of any solvents i guess, for cleaning oil stains and such on garage floors?

MasterShineBoy
03-12-2006, 02:11 AM
There is a product that I forgot the name of, but it is applied to the floor and extracts everything till it come out in a powery reisdue. I'll repost when I find the catalog and the name of the product.

James