PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Camry Hybrid last hand wax

jasmd2
11-25-2009, 09:46 PM
Just ordered 3" improved Groits orbital I have a clear bra covering the front end and half of the hood and side mirrors so not to much left of large areas to polish will the 4" pads work for me. I just did a detail using Nattys Red and was very pleased with the results. I plan in using Wolfgang duo with the new polisher, any feedback would be appreciated.

cnfowler
11-25-2009, 10:40 PM
Uh, I wouldn't have ordered the 3" for the whole car. That buffer is designed for spot buffing or small areas like side mirrors, A pillars, around rear license plate, etc. You'll want a 6" buffer for the car, leave the 3" for the smaller stuff.

I know you don't think you have much left to polish, but you still have half the hood, the entire roof, the entire trunk lid, all four doors. See what I mean? There's a lot of paint left when you think about it.

Colin

DARK HORSE
11-26-2009, 12:48 AM
Uh, I wouldn't have ordered the 3" for the whole car. That buffer is designed for spot buffing or small areas like side mirrors, A pillars, around rear license plate, etc. You'll want a 6" buffer for the car, leave the 3" for the smaller stuff.

I know you don't think you have much left to polish, but you still have half the hood, the entire roof, the entire trunk lid, all four doors. See what I mean? There's a lot of paint left when you think about it.

Colin

:whs: Trust me you'll need to use at least 5.5" pads on at least a PCXP or a Giriots to do an entire car... As cnfowler said the product you ordered is for spot buffing.

autodromo
11-26-2009, 01:11 AM

Colin

+1
and i dont know how the 3" will work with the bigger sized pads. i know there is more to a random orbital than just wattage , but the 3" has only 240w vs 850 with the 6". And i think you might bog it down with a larger pad size. but have not used the 3" so i can not say for sure.

sullysdetailing
11-26-2009, 08:41 AM
Just ordered 3" improved Groits orbital I have a clear bra covering the front end and half of the hood and side mirrors so not to much left of large areas to polish will the 4" pads work for me. I just did a detail using Nattys Red and was very pleased with the results. I plan in using Wolfgang duo with the new polisher, any feedback would be appreciated.

You will want the normal size Griot Garage DA for the whole car. You want to use the 3'' Griot Garage DA for thinks like Mirrors and A-Pillars.

You will also want to atleast polish the clear bra with white or gray pad and Wolfgang Finishing Glaze then apply your favorite sealant to the clear bra. (You can skip this polishing step on the bra if it is fairly new)

unclestu
11-26-2009, 10:38 AM
You will want the normal size Griot Garage DA for the whole car. You want to use the 3'' Griot Garage DA for thinks like Mirrors and A-Pillars.

You will also want to atleast polish the clear bra with white or gray pad and Wolfgang Finishing Glaze then apply your favorite sealant to the clear bra. (You can skip this polishing step on the bra if it is fairly new)

I thing you are right about what you said :iagree:

jasmd2
11-26-2009, 04:08 PM
Thanks everyone for the advice i will l order larger one on monday