PDA

View Full Version : Meg's APC+ on paint?

anson89
11-25-2009, 01:36 AM
I know some people here use the P21S TAW as a presoak, but can the Meg's APC+ work as well ?

acc1079
11-25-2009, 01:53 AM
I use it or P21S, just whatever I have out and in hand. I have used it at 4-1 and 10-1 without any problems from either.

skizot
11-25-2009, 06:28 AM
1z Anti-Insekt works well too.

sullysdetailing
11-25-2009, 08:36 AM
I use it or P21S, just whatever I have out and in hand. I have used it at 4-1 and 10-1 without any problems from either.

I have used APC+ both 4:1 and 10:1 on the vehicle to remove everything from bugs to road grim, even rubber from burnouts. Just remember that any chemical like APC+ will strip the car of its wax and sealant

CharlesW
11-25-2009, 08:40 AM
I know some people here use the P21S TAW as a presoak, but can the Meg's APC+ work as well ?While it might work, it is probably going to strip your wax. I'm pretty sure that Meguiar's listed stripping wax as a use for APC+ at one time. It also seems like some pretty high dilutions did the stripping. Never tried it.
Not necessarily a good thing unless you are wanting to remove wax.

What effect it has on sealants, I don't know, but it most likely would be a little hard on them as well.

Just like Sully posted while I was typing. :)

Mike Phillips
11-25-2009, 11:38 AM
APC and APC+ can be used at 20:1 for de-waxing.

Both of these are All Purpose Cleaners, and also can be used as degreasers, what this means from a practical point of view is they're not make to make paint glossy, but instead they are for strong cleaning of multiple surfaces. So if you use one of them for cleaning painted surfaces just be aware that the paint will likely look duller than when you started and this is normal. Afterwards, wash, polish and wax.

Me personally I would never use it for a pre-soak on paint. If I want to get a dirty car clean I would use a foam gun or lots of water, (if you're not under water restrictions), and try to wash when it's cool and in the shade.

Once the loose dirt is removed let your compound, pant cleaner or SMR do the next step of really getting the paint clean and free from defects.

:)