PDA

View Full Version : Son of a motherless goat...got keyed

Paulie Walnuts
10-03-2006, 07:47 PM
Went back to my undergrad college this weekend and when I washed the car today noticed a nice long scratch in the car that has got to be some drunken idiot keyed it. Im no detailing rookie, I been doing this for almost 5 years and know that this scratch is through the clear and almost to the primer. Buffing isnt going to do much and I dont want to spend the money to have it re-painted. My question is what will have the most filling properties to try and minimize the look of the scratch?

Z5 hid a little but I was wondering if there is something else that will hide more of it.

Thanks.

abrcrombe
10-03-2006, 08:00 PM
RMG or Meg's #7 in my opinion. Sucks to here that. It is sick how some people are just so careless and disrespectful towards other's personal property.

Paulie Walnuts
10-03-2006, 08:07 PM
RMG or Meg's #7 in my opinion. Sucks to here that. It is sick how some people are just so careless and disrespectful towards other's personal property.Ive got both of those so I will give them a shot.

FloridaNative
10-04-2006, 01:48 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about that! Doesn't it just make you sick to your stomach to find your car's been vandalized? It's horrible! How are your wet sanding skills? You could sand just the area along the scratch and then buff out the sanding marks. Whatever (if anything) is left of the scratch afterwards the RMG or #7 would probably fill it in. The XMT carnauba finishing glaze is very good too. I like it even better than the #7. I'm so sorry about what happened to your poor car! I wish you luck. Take care. :)

ScottB
10-04-2006, 05:51 AM
keying = coward

teeks
10-04-2006, 07:48 PM
i think i would straight up go ballistic if my car was keyed

Paulie Walnuts
10-04-2006, 10:41 PM
i think i would straight up go ballistic if my car was keyedTrust me, I am doing everything in my power to be calm about it. My Maxima is my baby. I want to get it repainted but I dont have the money to have anything more than just repainting it and I dont know if I want to do that or if I will need to have it blended.

Paulie Walnuts
10-04-2006, 10:45 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about that! Doesn't it just make you sick to your stomach to find your car's been vandalized? It's horrible! How are your wet sanding skills? You could sand just the area along the scratch and then buff out the sanding marks. Whatever (if anything) is left of the scratch afterwards the RMG or #7 would probably fill it in. The XMT carnauba finishing glaze is very good too. I like it even better than the #7. I'm so sorry about what happened to your poor car! I wish you luck. Take care. :)Any direction on wet sanding? I have not done it before. Worse case is I go through the clear and repain after winter, which I will probably end up doing anyways.

Paulie Walnuts
10-04-2006, 10:46 PM
keying = cowardYou are preaching to the choir brother.

sparkie
10-05-2006, 04:34 AM
Any direction on wet sanding? I have not done it before. Worse case is I go through the clear and repain after winter, which I will probably end up doing anyways.

Here is a link on wet sanding.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1969&highlight=wet+sanding

Hope this helps!