PDA

View Full Version : Polishes?

Bochte
10-03-2006, 05:59 PM
Going to be placing an order, but I need some advice on polishes. I'm talking about the ones with "diminishing abbrasives". It seems like almost every company makea a line of them. Are they all the same? Is one better than another one? Is one of them more user freindly than another? Another question is about Clearkotes Vanilla Moose Wax Hand Glaze and Red Moose Machine Glaze. Aren't they basically the same product? I see where a lot of people use the VM, then the RMG, and topped with a wax. Why use both? Why not just use one or the other. Are there any benefits from using both?

ScottB
10-03-2006, 06:04 PM
Red Moose Glaze was designed for machine use .... VMG can easily be used by hand. Very light abrasive and some fillers. I dont use both ... but some feel that adding 200 different products makes there finish better, and more protected, I just feel its wasted time and product.

As for polishes look for ones with great reputations. Clearkote, Pinnacle XMT, and Poorboys SSR's rock. Optimum is also a hidden gem with more working time before it flashes.

FloridaNative
10-04-2006, 01:55 AM
:iagree: Not all polishes are the same as Killer pointed out, but the ones he mentioned above will all give you excellent results. Poorboy's and XMT can be used in full sun also which is great if you don't have a garage to work in. :)

TheU
12-13-2006, 07:58 PM
Can this product work well if applied by hand? I have a bottle, but I don't have a machine polisher. Thanks!

abrcrombe
12-13-2006, 08:44 PM
I am pretty sure you can use it by hand, but it is best when used on a machine...

GearHead_1
12-13-2006, 10:52 PM
Can this product work well if applied by hand? I have a bottle, but I don't have a machine polisher. Thanks!I've got to think that if "Machine" is in the products name that's where your best results would lie.

pt91
12-13-2006, 11:01 PM
You can use RMG by hand but I prefer a grey finishing pad by machine. My favorite glaze for use under souveran. I just bought another 32 oz bottle.