PDA

View Full Version : XMAS Kit idea.....So this year I'm going to give my friends a detail kit.....

Conor
11-23-2009, 07:10 PM
I bought a couple of gallons of detail products, gonna cut them down into smaller bottles

thoughts on a simple kit?

Megs Gold Class (32oz)
Megs APC (32oz)
PB Spray&Wipe (16oz)
PB Spray&Gloss (16oz)
PB Trim Restore (16oz)
A 5 gallon bucket
A Grout Sponge
Drying towel (How are those 3.00 Waffle weave towels in the kitchen section of walmart) only good for glass?

suggestions on somethign else cheap to add?

id like to keep it under 30.00 per bucket if possible

Finemess
11-23-2009, 07:18 PM
How about a drying towel, or a MF.

cnfowler
11-23-2009, 07:19 PM
Conor, could you dumb it down for those of us that don't know what PB S&G, TR, and S&W are? I know PoorBoy's, just spell it out for us. Thanks.

Without know what those products are, I'd recommend the Gold Class, a quick detailer, MF cloth, tire dressing, and interior dressing. This will cover most of their needs and not break the bank. Depending on what it comes out to pricewise, you could consider throwing in a tire dressing applicator and some glass cleaner.

You're a pretty good friend. Heck, my friends never gave me anything like that.

Colin

JohnHenry
11-23-2009, 07:42 PM
Conor,

Great idea, but I hope your experience with the car care kits turns out different than mine. Over the years I may have given away a dozen fully loaded car wash/wax buckets. I can't remember a single one that has been used more than once or twice.

Most of my family and friends do not get the hint and continue to come over to my place on Saturday mornings so I can "help" them with their cars. I really appreciate their company and love them all dearly... BUT come on guys... I do this for money!)

Have a great holiday!

Jay

2old2change
11-23-2009, 08:13 PM
Conor
Do you need my address to add to your Christmas list ? I hear what you are saying about those who have gotten gifts in the past but haven't taken the hint.Maybe fill the buckets with what you need yourself and remind them to bring the stuff over when they show up for a wash. Your first list looked OK to me.

Paul S

Conor
11-23-2009, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the replies, I have edited the OP to show the full names of the products and possible other items.
I really hope my friends use it more than once. :)

I came up with the idea when I saw some of the BOGO specials over the last few weeks

cnfowler
11-23-2009, 09:00 PM
Put a note in the buckets stating after they receive the gift, if you go to their house and see dust on it, you're taking it back.

Colin