PDA

View Full Version : Sealant and carnauba questions.

Chatelaine
11-23-2009, 05:24 PM
Alrighty so I've got my first test pilot for the new products I ordered. So far I've used the EZ Detail Speedy Wheel brush and Corvette Wheel Lug brush.

Next I'm trying to figure out what to apply for protection. It's a silver ML55 AMG, not new, but in good shape.

So my questions are:

Can someone tell me the difference between Megs #20 and Megs #21

Then with those two sealants already, I also bought the Wolfgang 3.0. Which one would you use on this car?

Then, I'm looking to top it off with some carnauba. Which carnauba goes better with the sealant you recommend? I have available P21S Paste, Pinnacle Liquid Souveran, Pinnacle Souveran Paste, Menzerna APO 60 and Megs Gold Class Paste Wax as well as the liquid.

Thanks for the tips!

Renee

Rsurfer
11-23-2009, 05:36 PM
Alrighty so I've got my first test pilot for the new products I ordered. So far I've used the EZ Detail Speedy Wheel brush and Corvette Wheel Lug brush.

Next I'm trying to figure out what to apply for protection. It's a silver ML55 AMG, not new, but in good shape.

So my questions are:

Can someone tell me the difference between Megs #20 and Megs #21

Then with those two sealants already, I also bought the Wolfgang 3.0. Which one would you use on this car?

Then, I'm looking to top it off with some carnauba. Which carnauba goes better with the sealant you recommend? I have available P21S Paste, Pinnacle Liquid Souveran, Pinnacle Souveran Paste, Menzerna APO 60 and Megs Gold Class Paste Wax as well as the liquid.

Thanks for the tips!

ReneeI would use Wolfgang 3.0 and after 12 hrs. top it P21S or LS. Save the Souveran Paste for darker colored paint.

ScottB
11-23-2009, 05:38 PM
I too would use the 3.0 and you might like look enough not to top, add second coat 12 hours later. If topping I would go DPMaxWax, Nattys Red, or Pinnacle SSII personally.

Chatelaine
11-23-2009, 05:39 PM
What do you usually apply 3.0 with? Should I use maybe the DA with say a Cobra blue 5.5" same as a liquid carnauba?

Chatelaine
11-23-2009, 05:39 PM
I too would use the 3.0 and you might like look enough not to top, add second coat 12 hours later. If topping I would go DPMaxWax, Nattys Red, or Pinnacle SSII personally.

Ya but that doesn't help me now! Lol.

What's SSII?

akimel
11-23-2009, 06:06 PM
M20 is an under-appreciated product. It is a light cleaner wax that leaves behind a slick glossy finish. It's one of Kevin Brown's favorite protectants:

If I had to use just ONE last step product for the rest of time ... I'd go with M20 Polymer Sealant because:

• It leaves great gloss & clarity
• Low-impact paint-cleaners work well, but won't mar a finely polished finish.
• Wipe-off is incredibly easy
• Durability is rock-solid
• The best product to use for larger vehicles, such as boats, RV's, & trailers
• Price is not 'out of this world' expensive'
• Availability is very good.

Some folks like to use M20 to clean the paint surface and then top it with a sealant or wax of their choice.

Matt
11-23-2009, 06:09 PM
What do you usually apply 3.0 with? Should I use maybe the DA with say a Cobra blue 5.5" same as a liquid carnauba?

Applying by hand with a foam (or microfiber) pad is the best method.

With a machine it's too easy to pick up grit and not notice till you've completed the panel.

I (and I know some other forum members feel the same way) feel that applying LSP's by machine kind of takes away from the enjoyment of applying that LSP.

teamerickson
11-23-2009, 06:14 PM
Go with the one that smells the best. ;)

ronkh57
11-23-2009, 07:19 PM
2 Coats of Wolfgang sealer, then Natty's red.

mmmmmmmm

Chatelaine
11-23-2009, 07:33 PM
So I assume I just give it a good clay bar then start with the Wolfgang :)

I think I'll top it with the P21S

teamerickson
11-23-2009, 07:37 PM
So I assume I just give it a good clay bar then start with the Wolfgang :)

I think I'll top it with the P21SThat's exactly the combo I want to use. Hopefully Santa will bring me some goodies.