PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used Duragloss Rain Repel?

spike
11-22-2009, 08:36 PM
Have any of you used Duragloss rain repel? Just wondering how you like it, and does it cause the nasty streaking like rain-x when it starts to wear off? And does the stuff last long on the windshield? Your opinions please.....

Feed back please

spike
11-26-2009, 10:22 AM
OK, so I went and bought some, and I am not impressed. The other day I'm driving down the highway at night in the fine, misty rain, and of course I had to use my wipers, and the stuff just smeared like crazy, and with the oncoming headlights in my face, I could hardly see anything. I called DG and they said they have had some problems with this product smearing in a misty rain, but if it were raining harder, it would have made a difference. But there are always times when you need to use the wipers, so this is not practical. Since I was trying to find an alternative to Rain-X, which smeared for me, I didn't like this product. I am now going to remove the stuff with Nu Glass, and NEVER, EVER put anything on my windshield again. I have read that a good, clean windshield will naturally repel the rain, so I am all for getting my windshield as clean as possible (if I can get the stuff off) and leaving it that way! I will still use Rain-X on my side and back glass, but not this stuff.

Lasthope05
11-26-2009, 12:31 PM
I was thinking about trying this product to use as washer fluid. Did you use it straight as a treatment or diluted in the washer fluid reservoir.

spike
11-26-2009, 12:52 PM
I was thinking about trying this product to use as washer fluid. Did you use it straight as a treatment or diluted in the washer fluid reservoir.

I used it straight out of the bottle. I cleaned the windshield first using Megs NXT glass cleaner, then applied RR.

ScottB
11-26-2009, 02:06 PM
Try Aquapel ... to date I have found no substitute. Use it once and forget it for 6 months.

Finemess
11-26-2009, 02:43 PM
I learned about Aquapel from Killr. Good stuff and lasting really well. I still use Rain-X on side and back glass.

DubinDE
11-26-2009, 03:39 PM
As previously mentioned, I've found nothing better than Aquapel. Apply it to freshly clayed or polished glass and like Killrwheels said, forget about it for 6 months. Doesn't streak when wearing off like Rain-X either.

tims04gto
11-26-2009, 05:20 PM
Aquapel its the best i use it on all my cars

alexjn1
11-26-2009, 06:25 PM
I tried Aquapel also after reading several suugestions from killr.

I love the stuff. I normally clean my windows weekly with Stoners IG with rain repellant and it is a combination I love.

spike
11-26-2009, 07:17 PM
I tried Aquapel also after reading several suugestions from killr.

I love the stuff. I normally clean my windows weekly with Stoners IG with rain repellant and it is a combination I love.

So Aquapel doesn't cause the nasty streaking when you use the wipers in a misty rain? That would be awesome. And does it cause chattering?

ScottB
11-26-2009, 07:26 PM
never noticed any chatter, but in all fairness I replaced the wiper blades at first application of Aquapel. It does not make the streaky look like Rain-X until the very end when it seems to be running down and needs reapplication. About 7 months for my 24/7 ride. I now use it on all the cars including the Vette.

alexjn1
11-27-2009, 10:46 AM
So Aquapel doesn't cause the nasty streaking when you use the wipers in a misty rain? That would be awesome. And does it cause chattering?

I have not had any chattering problems on my truck. As far as streaking there has only been a brief wisp on the windshield as the wipers cross and then it goes clear again.

In my own experience I can say it has been soooooooooooooo much better than nothing at all. The only difficulty I have with it is I like to watch the water roll up and over the top of the truck like on a freshly waxed vehicle. This of course means I am not watching the road as well as I should so I have to get out of that habit.

wytstang
11-27-2009, 05:46 PM
Aquapel FTW love the stuff, best of all Advance started carrying it for $3.xx.

SportEL
11-28-2009, 04:02 PM
Does windshield washer fluid have a significant effect on the durability of Aquapel?