PDA

View Full Version : Winter Supplies

muddy
11-22-2009, 01:24 PM
I am curious as to what you guys who live in colder climates do about storing your detailing products in your vehicle. I would love to keep a spray bottle of ONR in my car at all times throughout the winter for those times where it's need while on the road. I am thinking ONR at QD strength, some KAIO, DG #521, and a lot of Stoner IG. The thing I am worried about is freezing, and unfortunately I will not be able to bring this stuff in and out of my vehicle constantly. Suggestions? Thanks.

christian900se
11-22-2009, 01:34 PM
You will be fine with keeping at least ONR and Stoners in the car because I had both in my garage the whole of last winter (it was well below freezing in there) and they never once froze. I will venture to say that KAIO and DG should be fine too but they might get some seperation or change consistency a bit but I don't think that will affect their effectiveness.

muddy
11-22-2009, 04:03 PM
You will be fine with keeping at least ONR and Stoners in the car because I had both in my garage the whole of last winter (it was well below freezing in there) and they never once froze. I will venture to say that KAIO and DG should be fine too but they might get some seperation or change consistency a bit but I don't think that will affect their effectiveness.

Thanks for the response. I figured separation with AIO would happen, but I am really surprised your ONR didn't freeze. Are you talking about just the bottle of ONR or with it mixed up with water at QD dilution?

christian900se
11-22-2009, 06:42 PM
At QD dilution. I probably used a bit higher dilution than Optimum asks for but it is for the purpose of mixing up a QD.

CharlesW
11-22-2009, 08:55 PM
My emergency cleanup supplies are kept in an empty Planters peanut jar about 6" tall and 4" sguare and with a wide screw on top holds those and a few MF's without having to worry about anything breaking and spilling. Any spillage will be in the jar.
I only keep a 4 oz. spray bottle each of glass cleaner, Spray & Wipe and some APC.
I'm not planning on doing anything other than cleaning up a small mess such as bird crap or a spill.

FWIW, In the 8 or 10 years I have been carrying it, I think I may have used it twice. :)

AeroCleanse
11-22-2009, 10:41 PM
Well if you keep them in the heated part of your car they should be thawed when you need them. Just remember to leave room for expansion if they do freeze.

ndrom
11-25-2009, 03:16 PM
I completely understand keeping IG, ONR, and DG 521, but why do you need to keep KAIO in the car?

I keep DQ, 303, and a few MFs in the car. I really don't see the need for anything else to be in the car 24/7.