PDA

View Full Version : Does P21s remove wheel sealant????

T Riddle
11-22-2009, 12:01 PM
In my experience using it, I do not believe that it does. But wanted to know what you guys know about it. Feed back please

MikeyC
11-22-2009, 12:15 PM
While P21S is safe for all surfaces it is a pretty effective cleaner. So my guess is that it would remove wheel sealant to some extent if not completely.

If your wheels are in good shape why not just clean them regularly with soap & water? I only use wheel cleaner on my wheels a couple of times a year.

ASPHALT ROCKET
11-22-2009, 03:17 PM
If it removes the brake dust like it does it is going to remove the sealant. Like suggested by MikeC, try just using your car soap water with a dedicated wash mit to clean your wheels if they are not that bad.

ScottB
11-23-2009, 05:50 PM
yeppers ... clearly any wheel cleaner would remove a wheel sealant. Well except car soap perhaps.

Going Mobile
11-23-2009, 09:15 PM
If it removes the brake dust like it does it is going to remove the sealant. Like suggested by MikeC, try just using your car soap water with a dedicated wash mit to clean your wheels if they are not that bad.

+1. Also, you might try spraying on a little ONR at QD strength or some instant detailer and wiping with a rag or cheap MF towel. It's fast and gets wheels shiny w/o removing the sealant.;)

fubar
11-23-2009, 09:35 PM
yeppers ... clearly any wheel cleaner would remove a wheel sealant. Well except car soap perhaps.

:iagree: i made that same mistake using a wheel cleaner a week after i took each wheel off polished and sealed them:awman: yea i had to resealed all four wheels.:doh:

sullysdetailing
11-24-2009, 11:11 AM
All rim cleaners will remove sealant.

What you want to do is clean your rims once a month with your favorite rim cleaner. Clean the rims 100%. After you clean the rims apply your favorite sealant to the rims. Now for the other 3 weeks of the month clean your rims with normal car wash soap so you do not remove the sealant from the rims. Reapply the sealant monthly.

**If your rims are really dirty it might be required to clean your rims more then once a month with rim cleaner.

fubar
11-24-2009, 02:15 PM
All rim cleaners will remove sealant.

What you want to do is clean your rims once a month with your favorite rim cleaner. Clean the rims 100%. After you clean the rims apply your favorite sealant to the rims. Now for the other 3 weeks of the month clean your rims with normal car wash soap so you do not remove the sealant from the rims. Reapply the sealant monthly.

**If your rims are really dirty it might be required to clean your rims more then once a month with rim cleaner.

:iagree:110%